WCZ Tyrant

Tony91723

I think I'm ready to try out one of these tyrants.  I Rigged mine to float, I just need to add some weights when I get on the water. Instead of using a hot knife I used mend it to cover the hole where the bubble material went. Aside from that I followed Mike Gilbert's vids.   Hopefully I can catch a nice one on it.  

20240117_143907.jpg

20240117_143849.jpg

20240117_143742.jpg

20240117_143833.jpg

I have mine rigged for the floating presentation (bubble/bottom hook). When I retrieve the bait it seems to fall over to one side even on a slow retrieve. This happens with either size nail weights in the weight slots by the tail. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 9:38 PM, AnthonyCatlow said:

I have mine rigged for the floating presentation (bubble/bottom hook). When I retrieve the bait it seems to fall over to one side even on a slow retrieve. This happens with either size nail weights in the weight slots by the tail. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it? Thank you!

I finally got around to using my bait this weekend.  I too had the same problem that you described.  I ended up using 2 weights.  1- 3/32 and 1-1/16 weight.  The problem I had though was the bait now is a xxs sink bait.  I didn't have any cutters to cut the 1/16 weight in half but I believe that'll  help.   I think you just have to keep playing with the weights to get the right float that mike Gilbert mentioned on how his how to vids.  Good luck.

Definitely always tie to the wire. YOU WILL LOSE THE BAIT AND THE FISH BY TYING TO THE SCREW EYE. I know from experience with the battle shad haha. One of two things will happen. The screw eye will bend out due to it being a pliable material, or your knot will slip through the the gap. Also most people use pliers to bend out the screw eye for the wire or beast hook, and this will leave micro or not so micro chaffing on the surface. When tie to this you risk rubbing on your line against the worn surface which is a recipe for disaster.