Drt x SU

Chataboy

16 hours ago, BigBaitThirty said:

I sat out what felt like a hype train for a mass production baits & DRT in general for a cool minute… After a few years of seeing their product diversity eco system, impressive array of lure colors, undeniable popularity & productivity I finally took a sip of the cool aid by default of buying a Conquest with a Varial on it… Primed with Mikes content and positive opinion, perspective & input on the handles, -When actually in hand, it all made sense. Although initially perceived as over priced, superfluous and completely unnecessary… My reservations were dissolved. I was smitten & begrudgingly in love with the Butter Smooth pairing.

I acquired a K9 shortly thereafter and threw it in my 2x16’ Test Tank & was largely underwhelmed. In conjunction with their fever pitch popularity & being spoiled with long time exposure to premium Swimbaits due to my dedicated obsession since day one, -My expectations were through the roof… I sold the bait the next day.

Although expectations can be important in certain contexts or situations to keep us in line with our standards, they may also stifle, skew & contaminate our perspectives and Fundamentally Pollute our attitudes & beliefs and thus our subsequent outlook to the point of entirely undermining the ability to hold an intrinsically fair vantage point in which to objectively perceive & evaluate.

I inherently knew I wasn’t giving it a fair shake giving its notable history & proven track record, but be that as it may I hadn’t suspended expectations long enough for it to even have a chance to shift my perspective. Bottom line I have an arsenal of amazing baits and its potential & niche wasn’t fully appreciated at that moment. Later on I thankfully I took chance to better understand and embrace it.

Fortunately, I’m more attached to learning and better understanding something than the blinding entitlement to opinion that grossly plagues the majority of our society.

Being a know it all entitled to your feels is a disposition that doesn’t authentically resonate or constructively serve me despite the intoxicating ease in which it seduces your ego.

Critical thinking is a personally prized virtue. Imperfect sometimes I have to circle back.

My curiosity & interest to learn, grow and be better informed in life and as an angler has served me well so I’m loyal to maturing to a more well rounded, balanced and encompassing perspective.

Ultimately the variability & seemingly infinite array of colorways available held sway over my previous disappointment. The allure of the hunt to track down hard to find favorites can be fun too…(Full Cool-Aid consumption) lol. I came to find & appreciate there ought to be less emphasis placed on its perceived action & my interpretation of its appeal or value & more on my interactions with it… To put less emphasis on its default output and more on the overall input to better understand, improve & gauge it’s performance.

Suffice it to say I regret that sale and have been doubling down ever since.

If you made it this far god bless lol

Cheers:)

I hope I don't conclude the same since I was going all in on em this year. But I can tell you from experience, you have to play around with swimbaits in general to find their proper cadence. Sometimes the rig is the issue, sometimes it just finding the sweet spot for the lure.  Good luck. 

Got my golden shiner tk in mail. Pretty bait. It has a single goal of being a gold bomber on steroids. Going to hit it up with glitter. Haha.

PS. Fyi, this bait design does not have super reflective gold foil in it or anything. It looks more like a ayu pattern in gold. 

PS.1 My design improvement would be to add the triggering flash that incorporates the silvery gold that the best golden shiner spinner baits have. This flash is accomplished by the use of alternating silver and gold blades on the spinnerbait. I don't know how you get that triggering flash into a swimbait tho.