WCZ Tyrant Floating Problem

AnthonyCatlow

Hey SU,

I have my tyrant rigged for the floating presentation. Regardless of nail weight size Mike provided, my bait will still tip over and swim a ways on its side on a slow retrieve with the weight in the slot closest to the tail. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you fix the issue? just for context after inserting the bubble I sealed the bait back shut with a hot knife and everything is even and straight.
Thank you!

I put one nail in each pec fin and haven’t had issues with it rolling at all. When I wanted it to sit a tad lower I put a small lead nail a bit back from there in the center and same thing, no rolling. You tying to the wire and the hook is straight in the bait?

35 minutes ago, Bass_blaster said:

I put one nail in each pec fin and haven’t had issues with it rolling at all. When I wanted it to sit a tad lower I put a small lead nail a bit back from there in the center and same thing, no rolling. You tying to the wire and the hook is straight in the bait?

Having the nails in the pec fins definitely makes the most sense to have a balanced keel weight to the bait. 

12 hours ago, Bass_blaster said:

I’ll give this a shot thank you. Yeah I tie directly to the wire and everything seems to be lined up straight

Mine was bit finicky especially in choppy water. 

I had to add an additional nail weight dead center ( left to right ) to get it swim upright. 

Also, make sure you are tying your line off to the wire loop on the hook and not the “ head case harness “. That bit of info was buried deep in one of Mile’s videos.