determining rof on my hudd 68's

ETBA

They have both a 5 and 12 on each tail... is there another way to figure it out besides putting them in the water? I used the search function as well as google for about an hour before posting this. Anybody?

here's the pic

All my other hudds just had one ROF on the tail, that's where the confusion came from. I ordered these 2 68's(one rof5 and one rof12)but they each had both numbers on the tail. I didn't realize until I had taken them out of the package.

Thanks for your responses and help.

post-3794-14252992042603_thumb.jpg

In my experience, I can usually tell the sink rate by fishing it. If you pitch it and let if fall on slack line, all my rof 5s fall horizontally, and do a cool kind of "shimmy" on the way down. Reminds me of a wacky rigged Senko. The rof 12s swim on the way down, nosedown to the bottom. The tail actually swims on the fall, which is a killer look.

thanks for the advice guys, gonna weigh them tonight and then sharpie the rof on the tail to avoid anymore confusion.

Shouldn't be too hard to tell just by holding them in your hand, that's what I usually do.

Other than that, scale, or maybe feeling them up if they are like the 8''.

On the belly of the bait, where the loop is to add a treble hook, push on the belly just behind that loop. The 12s have most of the lead up in the head. On the 5s the lead extends back behind that loop further because there is less lead in the head. That keeps this smaller bait falling level, and the 12 falling nose down.

It's a little different setup than the harness in the pictures of the 8" you were linked to.

I went through having trouble myself on a couple that had both markings like you did. On the 68's the ROF5 weight is 2.0 oz. and the ROF12 weight is 2.3 oz. pretty consistently :!: Then as suggested keep them separate or mark them. I just traced the right number on the tail with a sharpie :!: I also liked the idea that was posted on different colors for the different ROF's :!: