Gamakatsu round bend bronzies

_nathanweber

I personally don’t.  If that mattered then how are guys consistently catching monster bass on umbrella rigs or big cranks with a giant Bill coming off the front? I think it’s as simple as: find a large bass that’s in a feeding mode, and put something in front of it that looks edible. The end

Edited by Seminole Slide Swimmer

I threw my 250 with the stock hooks for quite awhile with nothing. Changed to the bronze and caught 4 fish pretty quick…. Not sure it was related but who knows. I like the idea of the hooks just blending into the bottom of the bait in general. And the gama bronze is a great hook! Just wish the barb was a little bigger. I fish a lot of clear water in Cali and too much visibility is a thing. I think thats why my best bites are in the rain or early morning on those lakes. The bigs move under the cover of darkness.

Probably.  Try using a senko with a black hook, and you will get fewer bites. Also, bronze gives you an opportunity to barb down  the hook and to hone em razor sharp. The bronze material holds better than any chemically sharpened hook. Chem sharpened hooks rely too much on the barb. If you try to barb down a chem sharpened hook, the barb breaks 

It might not show in BB's videos but he is fishing some of the clearest water you'll find anywhere. Those SoCal reservoirs have 20' or more of visibility most of the time.