Hinkle shad hph xss

ilswimbaiter

1 hour ago, tmbfish said:

I also paid for the Scaled Phoney on his other post and got scammed it looks like!! I found him on Facebook and then he blocked me after I messaged him. Lesson Learned!!  @swimbaitunderground 

Who is he on fb? And is he in a swimbait group over there? Maybe post on fb groups to warn others 

3 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Who is he on fb? And is he in a swimbait group over there? Maybe post on fb groups to warn others 

His name is Andrew Sliz & he’s from Chicago or somewhere in Illinois. At least according to the account. In his fb pic he’s wearing a blue shirt & holding smallies or something, I forget exactly. I just did a quick search & I can’t find him now. Here’s a screen recording I took the other day of a post he made in universe 10 months ago selling the same phoney he said he’d sell me. You’ll see that it clearly sold then. There’s also some of the other baits on the post that were listed here recently.

Normally I like to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Like maybe something happened that can explain all this but I’m like 99.9% sure it’s what it looks like. It’s unfortunate & I feel really bad for any of u who sent him payment. Total scumbag move. Either someone else got control of his account or he himself changed since he used to be the guy with the good reviews. 

Out of all the stuff I’ve bought/traded I got burned one single time by a guy scamming with a hph in his post last year. I’ve permanently stayed away from any posts with hph in them. They’re cursed to me now lol. I generally avoid any posts with exclusively high dollar baits as well. There’s certain baits I’ll never buy on here cause you just never know these days. a guy can have a convincing amount of positive feedback and just flip a switch or get his account stolen. In the end I had to call my bank and have them mark that PayPal transaction as fraudulent to get my money back. It was a huge pain and got my PayPal locked for a while. I saw red flags when I looked at this guys most recent posts which say he had a family emergency and needs quick cash and then his work van got broken into and needs quick cash. Usually not a good sign in my opinion. Hopefully he comes back around and fulfills his end of the deals for y’all but I’d suggest calling your banks and doing what I did when this happened to me last year. if you paid f&f the bank will most likely only refund your money once. 

Edited by Tpreston
Added text

That raises an excellent point. 
Never

EVER

Pay F&F. Guys that insist on that are sketchy. Always use Goods and Services. It’s a lousy 4% but it saves a LOT of headaches when crap like this happens. 

I first got on this site a little over a year ago I told chances with low amount of references and luckily didn’t get burned. Since then if buying or trading I go by the amount of feed back and who left their feedback. 4 year member only 7 references is a nope for me. I know not everyone you deal with on here leaves feedback even tho they should, cause if the transaction didn’t go good they would for sure. Blocking new members from pm’s is where they got it wrong. You shouldn’t be allowed to sell until you get a high amount of feedback from buying and trading cause then you know the member is legit. Just my personal opinion.

man this is so disappointing.  With the dude blocking the other guy on facebook after he messaged him it's looking less and less like some kind of accident or account takeover.  Throwing swimbaits is a pretty small community though,  somebody HAS to know this guy outside of the forums. Hopefully they come forward with some info

1 hour ago, Mayes said:

I first got on this site a little over a year ago I told chances with low amount of references and luckily didn’t get burned. Since then if buying or trading I go by the amount of feed back and who left their feedback. 4 year member only 7 references is a nope for me. I know not everyone you deal with on here leaves feedback even tho they should, cause if the transaction didn’t go good they would for sure. Blocking new members from pm’s is where they got it wrong. You shouldn’t be allowed to sell until you get a high amount of feedback from buying and trading cause then you know the member is legit. Just my personal opinion.

I agree with all of this. But there’s a major flaw with the feedback system on this site. Anyone can leave any feedback for anyone else for any reason. And that’s a big deterrent. I don’t think I’ve ever left negative feedback on this site. Been here 12 years I think. You suppose I’ve never had a bad transaction? Baits packed poorly? People taking weeks to ship? Many times…..the problem is, people are too arrogant to admit when they’re doing something wrong. And I know damn well the minute I leave negative feedback, they’re going to come up with excuses to do the same for me. And I don’t need that. And once that’s left, it’s permanent. I could leave literally anyone here negative feedback for no reason whatsoever and it sticks with them. So in order for this to work, something needs to be changed in the feedback system. 

On 2/5/2024 at 6:21 AM, Mossypumpkin said:

I agree with all of this. But there’s a major flaw with the feedback system on this site. Anyone can leave any feedback for anyone else for any reason. And that’s a big deterrent. I don’t think I’ve ever left negative feedback on this site. Been here 12 years I think. You suppose I’ve never had a bad transaction? Baits packed poorly? People taking weeks to ship? Many times…..the problem is, people are too arrogant to admit when they’re doing something wrong. And I know damn well the minute I leave negative feedback, they’re going to come up with excuses to do the same for me. And I don’t need that. And once that’s left, it’s permanent. I could leave literally anyone here negative feedback for no reason whatsoever and it sticks with them. So in order for this to work, something needs to be changed in the feedback system. 

What good is a feedback system if you don’t leave negative feedback. Maybe use what we do have properly and only use PayPal as goods/service?

1 hour ago, swimbaitunderground said:

What good is a feedback system if you don’t leave negative feedback. Maybe use what we do have properly and only use PayPal as goods/service?

Oh I’m not saying there shouldn’t be negative feedback at all. But there should be other parameters surrounding on how it’s governed and how people can leave it. I can someone negative feedback right at this very moment for no reason without any interaction with that person, just for the sake of giving it. So what we are getting is people leaving negative feedback over silly things instead of actual transactions. “He changed his mind about selling a bait, so I left negative feedback”. That’s a real thing I’ve seen happen more than once. Negative feedback should be for a transaction gone poorly. Not for people to punish someone because they’re butthurt over a disagreement or opposing opinions…

On 2/4/2024 at 11:12 PM, Amistoad said:

Never

EVER

Pay F&F. Guys that insist on that are sketchy. Always use Goods and Services. It’s a lousy 4% but it saves a LOT of headaches when crap like this happens. 

Hinkle himself askes that you pay f&f....but then again hes also sketch haha

On 2/4/2024 at 11:12 PM, Amistoad said:

Never

EVER

Paying good and services may only be 4% but if a member sells I think it’s more than 500 or 600$ worth and is paid in goods and services then they pay taxes on money they’ve paid taxes on before. I think when you’re buying a bait if you do a little research. See how active they are and who they’ve done business with you will be okay. If I’m not mistaken the last time this happened the guy was a long time member with very little feedback just like this case. Majority of members on here aren’t out to get you but like anything else in life you have bad apples. Just my opinion tho.