Epoxy adhesive.

Process77

What two part epoxy are you guys using for fixing hardware in place. I typically use standard Loctite 5min epoxy for screw-eyes etc, but i notice there are a few "plastic bond" versions made specifically for Urethane. Would that be better for resin baits, or am I just going down a worm hole of minute differences?    

I've always used Dev-Con 2 Ton 30 minute epoxy, haven't had many issues with eyescrews , had a few lips come out tho.  Fixed that by drilling a couple small holes in the lip where it rides in the slot so the epoxy goes thru the lip.   The 5 min  Devcon isn't waterproof.

I use the Devcon 5 minute but after it sets I try gently to twist it, if it moves I glue it again with the 2 ton. I am just impatient because the 2 ton takes a while to set. 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:31 PM, azfisher said:

I've always used Dev-Con 2 Ton 30 minute epoxy, haven't had many issues with eyescrews , had a few lips come out tho.  Fixed that by drilling a couple small holes in the lip where it rides in the slot so the epoxy goes thru the lip.   The 5 min  Devcon isn't waterproof.

I think I learned this from you over on tackle underground. Haven’t had a lip fall out since. TY!

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Process77 said:

You guys that use dev-con. Once cured how does it cut down and sand? Say you fill a belly weight with it, what’s the hardness on a level of baking soda and super glue to skim coat bondo?

I use it for hardware like lips and screw eyes. For lead holes I use SG and BS, but if it’s one of my one off baits I finish off with UV resin after filling the hole most of the way with SG/BS. 

14 hours ago, flaswimbaiter said:

I use it for hardware like lips and screw eyes. For lead holes I use SG and BS, but if it’s one of my one off baits I finish off with UV resin after filling the hole most of the way with SG/BS. 

Thanks. SG/BS cures bullet proof, but why UV resin only on your one offs?