Advice for which lake to fish (with guide). Austin Texas area to Houston Texas area.

Buildingdreams

My wife and I will be in staying in between Austin and Houston (Brenham).  We have one day to do a guided trip.  I'm not sure what lakes you guys would suggest in that area.  I've never been down there.   Or should I look for guides first??  Never really done this before. 

Make sure you check the rates! Some guys charging over $1500 a day for some of these lakes. 

never done a freshwater guide but I’ve great experiences with saltwater guides (boat and surf)

do your homework once you find someone and let them know as much info as possible, what you want to throw, skill set, goals etc, that way it’s a win win for everyone 

best of luck 

2 hours ago, FOX941 said:

Maybe hit up Lake Fayette. There is a guide in Fayetteville off FM 159 but can’t remember his name. 

Thank you!  I see it on the map but I'm not seeing a lot about it.  I'll see if I can find the guy your thinking of.

1 hour ago, bgc said:

Jared Swafford. Havent made it out to Texas but he’s first on my list when I do. Can’t remember what he quoted but I remember thinking his prices were very fair. Seems like a good dude. 

To get to fish with Jared would be a great opportunity to learn!  Thanks for the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

Make sure you check the rates! Some guys charging over $1500 a day for some of these lakes. 

never done a freshwater guide but I’ve great experiences with saltwater guides (boat and surf)

do your homework once you find someone and let them know as much info as possible, what you want to throw, skill set, goals etc, that way it’s a win win for everyone 

best of luck 

Thank you.

I will definitely be checking rates I had know idea it could be $1,500.00!!

Hopefully I can get lucky and find a guide that specializes in big baits....?  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jonboatjake said:

keep us posted on how it goes

he’s #1 on my list if i finally go down there like i want to one day 

Same keep us updated. I’m thinking about possibly making my way out there soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I had a blast with Jarrod.  He was as nice as anyone can be.  Not to mention how great a fishery it was.  I highly recommend taking a trip with him.  Nothing but positive reviews from us!  I know I’ll be going back.

Did catch a nice one (For me).  Had a bunch of followers.  One huge girl came out of no where and was hot on the andromeda but she bailed right at the boat.  Biggest bass I’ve ever seen.  Even Jarrod was excited about her.  The whole thing was amazing!