Anyone ever catch anything on the DRT Ghost?

SDMF10

On 2/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, Mossypumpkin said:

Keep something in mind, being a successful swimbait fisherman doesn’t mean just find the biggest bait you can and chucking til your arms fall off. It means figuring out what the biggest fish wants, when it wants it, where, and how. So maybe your k9 is too big, wrong color, wrong action, wrong depth, wrong time of day, time of year…..etc. For me, my biggest fish of the season tend to be in spring, during the day, and on 5-7” baits. But in summer I have to go to 8-11” baits to get bigger fish. There’s a science to it

Im over here taking notes ... say more JH..!

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

Another thing when dealing with biggest fish in the lake, they usually have a weakness for a single bait. Gotta find which one. One fella out here Dave Lynch, caught a state MA pin award winner 2x in one year on a certain ms slammer, the second time to get the pin for biggest fish in MA caught that year. He was prepared with a cooler the second time to certify it and release it. There is something about that slammer that triggers this one fish. He will tell you, he has swimbaits that get used once or twice a year for a particular spot or fish. It can get technical. 

PS. I have had similar experiences but with an og monster jack. I now have a collection of about 30 of them. There are certain lakes where that bait just triggers fish. Won 2 early season 2 fish torneys on em. 

Guess I have to buy all of them then. Kinda what it seemed like with this one. Threw a lot of baits last year, even a wild beat and the dead walk with k9 was what peaked the interest. Also what got my pb a month before in a different part of the state.

I've never fished a Ghost, but there is a Korean YouTuber that I follow that has caught quite a few largemouth on the bait. If you want, I can post the links or send them to you. 

Edited by chevro1et