OH IVIE

Space Monkey

Hey members, 

I’ve been throwing swimbaits for a few seasons now. However, I live in west Texas where there is no water so I have limited time on the water. Ive been frequently visiting OH IVIE for a few years now. With all the tutorial videos out there I feel like they don’t really pertain to my area. Any west Texas swimbaiters out there can help me out (baits, where to throw them cadences). Hell, anybody out there that would be willing to meet up and help out? 

I'm no expert but If I make it back out to Ivie this year Ill probably be solo.    If so we can meet up and fish.

As far as Ivie goes I think a lot of the online stuff pertains to it.    Maybe not as much as normal because the water is off color.  Ivie has all the stuff they fish in those videos plus all the massive submerged trees along the river channel.

I know I didnt fish my big treble baits a whole lot because of the diminished drawing power due to dirtier water.     I spent more time banging soft baits off the cover.

Go look at milliken or Josh jones stuff that’s where those guys go pretty often and catch dd’s all the time. I’ve heard that Ivie is very deep and hard to catch swimbait fish without FFS though. Never been. Jones talks about it in his cast and crank pod episode. Even though I don’t like their brands or marketing, both those guys are hammers