Drt Joker and the best lip replacements for walking the bait?

What should be the greatest replacement lip for waking?  What lip comes on the joker? First time ever using The joker Joytheif and I broke the lip first day.   I've fished the Tks before but I'm lost.

12 hours ago, Trevor Stellps said:

What should be the greatest replacement lip for waking?  What lip comes on the joker? First time ever using The joker Joytheif and I broke the lip first day.   I've fished the Tks before but I'm lost.

Joker comes with stock lip for Wake. It’s a big lip that sits straight there’s no angle to it. Joker is one the best wakes. Doesn’t burn out and you can move it extremely slow and keep it in the strike zone. Also fun with no lip and dead stick it like a giant spook 

40 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Stock lip is best for waking. I like the down tail too for waking. Love that bait, wakes from a crawl to a burn. 

I’ve had issues with the tails falling out, really my only complaint on the bait 

I put a clear rubber band over the tail slot to keep it in place. It helps. Also I think WCZ put out a video to help aid with it. I think he is berets a piece of wire into the tail to make the rubber expand to fit more snug.

46 minutes ago, BayAreaAngler said:

I put a clear rubber band over the tail slot to keep it in place. It helps. Also I think WCZ put out a video to help aid with it. I think he is berets a piece of wire into the tail to make the rubber expand to fit more snug.

Seeing I don’t change em out, I just added a drop of super glue gel, no more issues 

I haven't thrown mine yet, but I'm curious if the lip just pulls straight out as it doesn't have the side to side ability to pop out like on the TK and K9.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:16 AM, Drew03cmc said:

I haven't thrown mine yet, but I'm curious if the lip just pulls straight out as it doesn't have the side to side ability to pop out like on the TK and K9.

It does pull out, same rotation when you pull out the lip.  I snapped mine without enough rotation on the pull out.  Seems to me my tks are easier to remove the lip. Maybe because they are more broke in, not sure.