Gomexus Cyberbait

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one. I did my research and it seems to be a legit lure with a similar bill system to DRT. Right now it's in customs, but as soon as I get it I'll make a video on it. I grew up in a machine shop , so seeing something like this made me excited. If you go on the Vix IG, there's quite a bit of content showing the builder making refinements as he was getting ready to market it with Gomexus.

Super interested in these! Partly because a guy from Gomexus sent me a message on IG looking for some opinions and info when they were designing it. I assumed they never made it til right now. I bet it’s a killer crank and I’m sure could be weighted to a ss. Let us know how you like it!!

On 4/6/2024 at 10:06 AM, WadeInTheWater said:

Taking it out in a bit!

IMG_2291.thumb.jpeg.76205f5b1294d8148e9d67f04c9c6fe9.jpegIMG_2295.thumb.png.c085bde95a73d8c17a16d40b5405f2db.png

I haven't had time to film/edit with the eclipse and what not, but Gomexus reached out and asked me a few questions that I answered and below I'm going to paste my response. The short is that this bait has some moments where you're like holy crap that looks epic, and then there's times where you say what the heck is that! Then, because there's so many combinations of settings and tails, remembering what's what can cause issues, especially if you're on the bank and can't access the bait if you snag. This bait has a ton of potential. 

Hi Wade,

I hope this email finds you well. At Gomexus, we are committed to continuously improving our products and services to better meet the needs of our customers. To achieve this, we greatly value your feedback and would appreciate a few moments of your time to share your thoughts on your recent purchase of our Cyberbait by answering these quick questions.

1. Have you tested Cyberbait on water yet? If so, what do you think of its swim action?

2. What are some flaws you’ve noticed that Cyberbait might have?

3. What other suggestions do you have for our future improvements? Such as: size, pattern, action, parts, etc.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always here to help.

We genuinely appreciate your continued support and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi there,

1. I have tested the Cyberbait on the water. I fished the bait for about 6 hours. I think the bait has a lot of potential given all the different options. One place the bait shines is in its ability to walk on the surface and sub-surface. The bil is a great thing to have, but it needs more versions.
  2. Some flaws: The biggest issue I have is with so many combinations (bil in, bil out, 3 different tail angle settings, and 3 different tails) it can be very difficult to know what does what, and when you get it wrong, you risk snagging the bait or not catching the fish. The bil connection is not as tight as it should be, and there needs to be more than one bil. I found the included bil to dive quite deep and quite quickly for where I was that day. I also had trouble figuring out exactly what each tail did, but I think it had mostly to do with the depth control and walking action. The issue is that when I found a combination that was very good, if I changed it and then wanted to go back to the previous combination, it was quite hard to remember what that combo was.  
  3. Some important suggestions I have are to offer a couple different bils (wake, roll, shallow, deep) and label them. Label the tails for what they help with or do. Label the tail-angle position if possible. Create an in-depth, well-translated, write-up of how to use the bait and at least 5 different setting combinations in detail of action and rod/reel techniques. And please create some sort of illustration to help users with what settings do what as a quick-guide. This bait is too expensive to lose because of having to test it to get it where the fisherman needs, or just trying something new and learning the hard way what it does in certain combinations. I think you should offer different color tails as well (maybe that can be how the user knows what tail is what).

I’m sure I will have more to add as I fish this bait more. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need more clarity.

Thanks,

Wade

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 11:36 AM, WadeInTheWater said:

I haven't had time to film/edit with the eclipse and what not, but Gomexus reached out and asked me a few questions that I answered and below I'm going to paste my response. The short is that this bait has some moments where you're like holy crap that looks epic, and then there's times where you say what the heck is that! Then, because there's so many combinations of settings and tails, remembering what's what can cause issues, especially if you're on the bank and can't access the bait if you snag. This bait has a ton of potential. 

Hi Wade,

I hope this email finds you well. At Gomexus, we are committed to continuously improving our products and services to better meet the needs of our customers. To achieve this, we greatly value your feedback and would appreciate a few moments of your time to share your thoughts on your recent purchase of our Cyberbait by answering these quick questions.

1. Have you tested Cyberbait on water yet? If so, what do you think of its swim action?

2. What are some flaws you’ve noticed that Cyberbait might have?

3. What other suggestions do you have for our future improvements? Such as: size, pattern, action, parts, etc.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always here to help.

We genuinely appreciate your continued support and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi there,

1. I have tested the Cyberbait on the water. I fished the bait for about 6 hours. I think the bait has a lot of potential given all the different options. One place the bait shines is in its ability to walk on the surface and sub-surface. The bil is a great thing to have, but it needs more versions.
  2. Some flaws: The biggest issue I have is with so many combinations (bil in, bil out, 3 different tail angle settings, and 3 different tails) it can be very difficult to know what does what, and when you get it wrong, you risk snagging the bait or not catching the fish. The bil connection is not as tight as it should be, and there needs to be more than one bil. I found the included bil to dive quite deep and quite quickly for where I was that day. I also had trouble figuring out exactly what each tail did, but I think it had mostly to do with the depth control and walking action. The issue is that when I found a combination that was very good, if I changed it and then wanted to go back to the previous combination, it was quite hard to remember what that combo was.  
  3. Some important suggestions I have are to offer a couple different bils (wake, roll, shallow, deep) and label them. Label the tails for what they help with or do. Label the tail-angle position if possible. Create an in-depth, well-translated, write-up of how to use the bait and at least 5 different setting combinations in detail of action and rod/reel techniques. And please create some sort of illustration to help users with what settings do what as a quick-guide. This bait is too expensive to lose because of having to test it to get it where the fisherman needs, or just trying something new and learning the hard way what it does in certain combinations. I think you should offer different color tails as well (maybe that can be how the user knows what tail is what).

I’m sure I will have more to add as I fish this bait more. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need more clarity.

Thanks,

Wade

Thanks for sharing!