Livescope Issue

MeanFish

Yesterday I went out and had this issue on my livescope where it looked like 3 "Beams" shooting down into the water from the transducer and also seemed like i could only see about 3/4 as far as normal. The water was fairly muddy from rain and also lots of pollen on the surface but i didn't have this issue in other lakes that were just as muddy and i find it hard to beleive pollen could mess it up this bad. Any one else had this issue or know how to solve it? ( i will attach a picture of it in a few hours when im off work so yall could see a visual)

2 hours ago, MeanFish said:

Yesterday I went out and had this issue on my livescope where it looked like 3 "Beams" shooting down into the water from the transducer and also seemed like i could only see about 3/4 as far as normal. The water was fairly muddy from rain and also lots of pollen on the surface but i didn't have this issue in other lakes that were just as muddy and i find it hard to beleive pollen could mess it up this bad. Any one else had this issue or know how to solve it? ( i will attach a picture of it in a few hours when im off work so yall could see a visual)

Here's the pic of how it looked

20240310_123526.jpg

Ever figure out how to fix that? Went out today after installing the transducer on a zero degree mount and my whole screen looked like that. I’m thinking one of the beams was bouncing off the pole a little because I  had it mounted and the pole was down below the side of the transducer a little

Common issue with zero degree mounts over hard bottom; there have been a bunch of threads about this on the Garmin board when guys get their new fancy mount and suddenly have interference. If you’ve got one, maybe try the stock Garmin mount and see if the interference goes away.

10 hours ago, ikaika said:

Common issue with zero degree mounts over hard bottom; there have been a bunch of threads about this on the Garmin board when guys get their new fancy mount and suddenly have interference. If you’ve got one, maybe try the stock Garmin mount and see if the interference goes away.

Watched some videos yesterday could be the case. 8deg stock mount worked fine but I couldn’t get it lined up as easy with my bait. I have it mounted to an old transom mount motor pole and did have the pole a little below the transducer thinking that could have made it worse so readjusted the pole and I’ll see if that fixed it first before going back to the 8 deg.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:43 PM, eastciderida said:

Ever figure out how to fix that? Went out today after installing the transducer on a zero degree mount and my whole screen looked like that. I’m thinking one of the beams was bouncing off the pole a little because I  had it mounted and the pole was down below the side of the transducer a little

The only thing ive been able to find and what everyone has been telling me is pollen, im in GA so the pollen is really bad here. I dont have it on a 0 degree mount, its on the original still