First big pike of the year

Jon P

Hit up the river bend by my apartment after work to get some fishing in with the last hour or so of daylight. Pulled a couple little <30” followers on a glide, but none would commit so I switched to the Nekosogi DSR and second it cranked to the bottom this fish tanked it!

went 34”-35” long on the tape and 16.13 lbs on the scale. Pretty high-average for length but an exceptionally healthy egg laden female which puts it two pounds short of my PB. The longest pike I’ve heard of being measured in here was 52” 34 lbs which was a floater collected on private land. A 52” fish with a girth like this 34” is a creature to fantasize about.

AE6719AE-C171-41C9-A3AF-81ED1A9BCD7D.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

Nice catch! Definetly on my list.

is that the pike rod? I have the 8'11 and 8'8 LT bass flipping rods, but throw the citizen on the f and triple trouts on the mf in the socal surf and they kill.

13 hours ago, Efrain said:

Nice catch! Definetly on my list.

is that the pike rod? I have the 8'11 and 8'8 LT bass flipping rods, but throw the citizen on the f and triple trouts on the mf in the socal surf and they kill.

this is the 1-4 oz. Legend tournament swimbait rod before they started making them with that weird pistol grip. It's a great soft bait rod, super sensitive and stout enough to slam weedless hooks home, but a bit on the faster side for hard baits. I really wish they'd bring it back without the pistol grip, the 4-8 oz. mag swimbait as well. They're spectacular rods but the pistol grip deal is just awful to fish with (sorry St. Croix)

On 3/19/2024 at 7:23 AM, Jon P said:

this is the 1-4 oz. Legend tournament swimbait rod before they started making them with that weird pistol grip. It's a great soft bait rod, super sensitive and stout enough to slam weedless hooks home, but a bit on the faster side for hard baits. I really wish they'd bring it back without the pistol grip, the 4-8 oz. mag swimbait as well. They're spectacular rods but the pistol grip deal is just awful to fish with (sorry St. Croix)

I tried so hard to find that exact rod. I wanted it for the citizen 6. Really do wish they would bring it back