Glides on the bottom?

Hooksets_arefree

Does anybody know of any glides that fish on the bottom? Like fast sink that you could bang off submerged rocks with hooks on top instead of the belly? If so any experience with them? Good or bad?

Edited by Hooksets_arefree

The bigroid 210 has a top hook option that works great, but it's a snag prone technique and I only have a hadful of 210s left. Something I've had good success in lakes with soft bottoms is a Duel ninja glider rigged with Ryugi double hooks point side up so you can touch bottom without grabbing weed and fish a glide a foot or so off the bottom.

39 minutes ago, Jon P said:

The bigroid 210 has a top hook option that works great, but it's a snag prone technique and I only have a hadful of 210s left. Something I've had good success in lakes with soft bottoms is a Duel ninja glider rigged with Ryugi double hooks point side up so you can touch bottom without grabbing weed and fish a glide a foot or so off the bottom.

Do you find that the hooks snag on top on the bait or is the head of the bait wedgeing itself in debris?

1 hour ago, Hooksets_arefree said:

Do you find that the hooks snag on top on the bait or is the head of the bait wedgeing itself in debris?

Because the hooks are on top of the bait they don't shed debris like the Pierce twin brutal hooks. So you collect a lot more weed in weedy areas and it gets wedged between rocks and timber in more cover heavy areas. So it's not a great option when you can't see what the glide is doing or don't know what's on the bottom. It's a killer technique though when you have fish following but not committing in shallow spots, slow rolling the 210 along the bottom until you get a follower, and then shooting it left and right to provoke a reaction. The ability to play keep away with the 210 is what gives it a special spot in my tackle box. super bummed they haven't been making them the last few years, I'd love to get a few in that Imakatsu real print finish.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:30 PM, Jon P said:

Because the hooks are on top of the bait they don't shed debris like the Pierce twin brutal hooks. So you collect a lot more weed in weedy areas and it gets wedged between rocks and timber in more cover heavy areas. So it's not a great option when you can't see what the glide is doing or don't know what's on the bottom. It's a killer technique though when you have fish following but not committing in shallow spots, slow rolling the 210 along the bottom until you get a follower, and then shooting it left and right to provoke a reaction. The ability to play keep away with the 210 is what gives it a special spot in my tackle box. super bummed they haven't been making them the last few years, I'd love to get a few in that Imakatsu real print finish.

Gotcha, thanks for sharing!