Rod for a Mothership

Jscarbr

I ordered a LDC Standard Issue 8 XXh today . This is my 3rd attempt at finding a rod for my Mothership. 1st attempt was a Leviathan 8 XXh, way to fast. 2nd attempt was a custom rod made from an NFC 869 swimbait/musky rod blank, way to fast and way to much strength.

Anybody have experience with the LDC Standard Issue 8’ XXH that can chime in if this rod fits the bill for the MS or not?

What rods are ya’ll using for the MS? 

Thanks for the tag, unfortunately I can only speak on the workshop. Idk if they're the same blank.  But the xxh workshop throws the ship no problem. I have 25 lb izorline xxx on the rod spooled to a Calcutta 301. 

But I have to say, the mothership is my only ufo I've not been bit on yet. So I can't speak to the fight. But casting it is fine. 

I know a guy chucking the ship on a workshop xh and he's caught fish on that rod. Imo the xxh is more ideal for it. Unless I'm wrong though, the standard is supposed to be more moderate? You'd have to verify that.