Irod Swim bait rod..

Fourxquad1

I'll tell you the one thing I was told from a buddy who works in a large tackle shop, he said that his employer had a box full of broken ones. Take that for what it is, just word of mouth.

What size baits are you looking to throw? The Dobyns rods have amazing reviews and their customer service is top notch. I'd go with a proven company, there's a reason you see that a ton of dudes on here are rocking Dobyns rods.

I have been throwing some 8 inchers but want to start throwing some 10"... Need a rod that has a more back bone that what mine has.. Not sure if I want to make the jump to the LDC's just yet, but also keeping my options open.. The Dobyns rods are built not to far from where I live..

I have the swimbait jr. and I love the rod. I've had no issues. It has a good taper and I prefer to use it over some of my other light swimbait rods. I will be purchasing a few more.

Very good to know thanks for the info..

!!!!! almost forgot to mention!!! the factory tip eyelet must be replaced, for some reason irod company decided to use a tip that interferes with the line, the small braces that run back conecting the eye to the fuerrel are on the top and the same side as the line- therefor they rub! , but that is a very cheap and easy fix, it only cost me $8 to get mine replaced with a non interfering tip. i know fourxquad1 had to do it also because we bolth went to the same guy for repairs. after that ive had no problems after that

I got mine right after Christmas, but I've only fished it three times. I have the jr one and when it showed up I couldn't believe how light it was. It was barely if any heavier than a standard mh rod. It doesn't have a huge diameter either. I was also surprised how stiff it was, but has some serious backbone. If you live in socal, this could easily double as a calico stick, it's perfect for working kelp and boiler rocks.