Proud Dad moment.

chefchris

Figured I’d share this here for the people that don’t have IG. 

every year Rhode Island takes fishing submission photos for the annual RI Freshwater Fishing Regulations guide book. 

I had submitted maybe 20-25 pics of Nick (14) Dylan (8) and myself from last years fishing excursions. They’re my step kids but their real dad is a huge pos and doesn’t do much with them when he has them. Their grandfather and their uncles are all avid freshwater fishermen as well. 

they don’t tell you if you made it in so we’ve been patiently waiting for the book to come out at the local shops 

well Dylan made it in! Picture was from one of the fall trips where I he caught 4 species in one day and pretty good sized black crappie. 

I picked up a couple copies on Friday and when he got from school I showed him and the kid lit up! He was so happy, also he was probably more happy that he got in and not his brother. 

I’ll frame up a copy for his room this week and we’ll keep a copy for prosperity. Him and his older brother now both are all about going fishing this year, Nick is excited for night trips and throwing some swimbaits so looking forward to fostering this new love of the sport we all enjoy. 

take your kids fishing! (That was the slogan for the shop I grew up around in my town and I always loved it) 

IMG_3169.jpeg

That's awesome chef, congrats to u and the boys. Keep em into it. It's an awesome thing you're doing, and not just the fishing part. But being a positive male role model to them

Edited by SumoNinja

That’s what it’s all about brother, building them memories. It’s great you get to share those moments.
He definitely is all smiles that’s for sure. 
Imagine what them smiles the boys will have when they hammer a giant night time bass with you! Might even get you to smile. LOL.