Swimbait Sanctuary

dmilo

What does everyone think about a Cork Swimbait/ glide bait box? I bounce around from boat and want to be able to keep my soft plastics straight and keep my glides protected. I would be making this box. It would be about the size of a deep tackle box but designed to  be stored on an edge. Any information about Your current swimbait boxes would be great and info on how you think I can make the cork swimbait box better!

On 4/15/2024 at 7:09 AM, dmilo said:

What does everyone think about a Cork Swimbait/ glide bait box? I bounce around from boat and want to be able to keep my soft plastics straight and keep my glides protected. I would be making this box. It would be about the size of a deep tackle box but designed to  be stored on an edge. Any information about Your current swimbait boxes would be great and info on how you think I can make the cork swimbait box better!

I mean, for me personally, cork would not last. I would destroy it like Godzilla going through Tokyo.

Thats not say it won’t work. It’s your idea, your design, give it a shot and see if it works for you.

If you want a pretty good idea for inspiration, check out this DIY box. You can design something similar based on your needs. You’re only limited by your imagination. 
I made one similar for larger baits and I made a smaller one for baits 6” and under, which is very portable. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got an ancient steel tackle box that I used when I was a kid that’s lined with cork. Held up surprisingly well over the years but over time absorbed a lot of oil like a cork rod handle would. I imagine storing soft plastics or even scent coated hard baits on cork would rapidly lead to a very grimy looking box.