Bantam…Zillion

BullyBee

I’m sorry to bother you guys with another “which one should I get” type of post, but I have no way of seeing and holding before I buy. 

I’ll make it very simple, if you were fishing with lures up to 1.5oz that are mostly spinners and swimbaits (we are fishing for big pike), would you get a zillion or a bantam?  

I have zero brand loyalty. So if there’s another suggestion out there drop it on me. 

Bantams are Japanese made, my choice out of the two. 

new zillions are not Japanese made. og zillions we’re Japanese made, not anymore. It’s sad to see these companies take the top models and have them made in the cheaper countries. 

I personally use only Japanese made reels. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Good luck in your journey…

The Bantam MGL reels are awesome. But they're 150 sized. For pike I think a 200 sized reel would be better. Just for the larger spool and faster pick up of line on a long cast.

Maybe the new JDM Shimano Scorpion 200 reel would be something you'd want to look at. Only downside is that it might be difficult or a bit of a hassle having the reel returned or serviced under warranty if anything goes wrong. Shimano USA does not service JDM reels. But then again, it's really quite rare to get a defective Shimano reel. 

Zillion HD, the newest one made in Japan. Has long handle for power fishing. Or go with a Tatula Coastal 200, or the older Zillion HD 1520. Both have the internal guts to handle strong fish.

15 hours ago, Fishingposer said:

new zillions are not Japanese made. og zillions we’re Japanese made, not anymore. It’s sad to see these companies take the top models and have them made in the cheaper countries. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Not true. The zillion 1000 and zillion hd 1000 are made in Japan.

16 hours ago, BullyBee said:

I’m sorry to bother you guys with another “which one should I get” type of post, but I have no way of seeing and holding before I buy. 

I’ll make it very simple, if you were fishing with lures up to 1.5oz that are mostly spinners and swimbaits (we are fishing for big pike), would you get a zillion or a bantam?  

I have zero brand loyalty. So if there’s another suggestion out there drop it on me. 

Flip a coin. The zillion hd 1000 and bantam are on par with each other and it’s pretty much just down to brand choice. 

16 hours ago, Fishingposer said:

Just my 2 cents. 

This is incorrect. The new zillion 1000 had IS MADE IN JAPAN. The older 1520 hd is Malaysian made perhaps that’s what you’re referring to.

in regards to op question I have not used the new zillion, can say first hand the bantam is sick, but they have very similar specs. Bantam has multiple options for gear ration I believe the zillion only comes in the 7.1 . Would love to try the new zillion if it came in a 6.3 ratio

What I was saying was the new us version zillion is made in Thailand. The jdm zillions are clearly made in Japan. Bantams are true to Japan, they don’t have a lesser version. The jdm zillions are dope. The us ones are crap. Daiwa made way doper reels back in the day. 

50 minutes ago, Fishingposer said:

What I was saying was the new us version zillion is made in Thailand. The jdm zillions are clearly made in Japan. Bantams are true to Japan, they don’t have a lesser version. The jdm zillions are dope. The us ones are crap. Daiwa made way doper reels back in the day. 

What I’m saying is that is false information. The 22 zillion 1000 hd is made in Japan. There are not multiple “versions” of the same model. Other model zillions have been Malaysian, new one is not. Show me one that says made in Malaysia.

Zillion Us versions are made in Thailand. Shimanos low end are made in Malaysia. That’s what I’m saying not arguing with you brother. Most local tackle shops here in California Carry the us versions. Which are Thailand. Maybe coyote or fisherman’s carry the Japanese versions. But I haven’t seen any on the shelf. I don’t buy tackle online, only support the local fellas.