new slide swimmer type for 2014

zenbasser

seems deps will be using ABS resin for the body, changing skin type, colors, etc and adding a new "feature"...not sure when these will be released or if this version will be replacing the existing type?

some screen grabs:

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/5563/1y3f.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img824/7149/wj9a.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img716/721/agt5.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring weight is what it is. Okumura said he put it in 3 total older style slides. First one didn't work, 2nd he describes as the best su-lai-do su-wee-ma he has ever had but he gave it away when he built #3.....which he lost on the first trip :lol::lol: Cool story bro ;)

-Travis

Spring weight is what it is. Okumura said he put it in 3 total older style slides. First one didn't work, 2nd he describes as the best su-lai-do su-wee-ma he has ever had but he gave it away when he built #3.....which he lost on the first trip :lol::lol: Cool story bro ;)

-Travis

Did you do the translation....or did you cheat?

-Travis

My wife is Japanese ;)

-Travis

My wife is Japanese ;)

I knew that. Thought for a minute you were broadening your horizons. That was hard to understand. Sounded like the same few words over and over.

A few main points that Mr. Okumura mentioned about the advantage of the clear plastic is that he can be more flexible with colors and patterns. He mentions that with the clear injected plastic, he can now do ghost colors (for you clear water guys) and also he can paint or insert foil inside the body mainly because of how the foil in the current models fades and gets dirty.

He also mentions since you have a hollow interior plastic he can now do things like adding the spring weight ball. (This is a feature that is already being used in one of the Deps shallow crankbaits the "Bell knocker").

incect.jpg

inside.jpg

One thing to note. He never says if this is better than the old/current model. All he says is the benefits of new model. I guess the Fish will tell us what they like and don't like sooner or later. Hopefully these babies will get in the hands of all you people that fish (or have already been fishing them... 8-) ) and you can share us your findings. :)

As for the new Bullshooter 160. Its a new "medium" size that he was asked to produce. One main that feature I was able to get out of his talk was the angle of the pectoral fins. The new 160 size have a sharper down angle vs the flat pectoral fins of the original Bullshooter and the Bull jr. Mr Okumura says this helps keep fish from gaining leverage of the hook on the fins and popping off.

Bonus info....

For you Jointed Claw fans... Gancraft has a new version of its Jointed Claw called the "prospero"??? I couldn't sound out the translation right? Main feature here is they molded a little anal fin near the rear hook eye and also slightly changed the shape of the mouth. This helps it swim just subsurface better. (Just in the 20cm higher range of the water column) He mentions something else about the swimming pattern which the bass are able to attack it better but that was sorta lost in translation. not sure if that mean it swims tighter or wider.

Hope this helps... I can already feel the dollar bills falling out of my pockets. :lol: