Silverado VS Tundra

nadinesmom

So I haven't had a truck in a few years, sold mine when I moved back to CA from Oklahoma, my boat currently lives at a buddy's house, our original deal was that he could use it whenever he wanted, he just had to take me out about half the time since I don't have a truck right now (pretty sweet deal for him to have a free boat at his disposal). Well long story short I have been on that boat about once in the past 3 months.

So... it is time for a new truck. So let me have it SU...

What truck is a better bang for your buck in the 2004-2009 range, the Silverado or the Tundra? Pros and cons would be great. I won't buy a ford or dodge, I have pretty much narrowed it down to these 2 brands...

I like the Toyota got a four runner with over 200k on it and still runs awesome! As much as I say buy American unfortunately when it comes to vehichals it's not always that way!

Then you're in luck! Tundras are built in Texas, doesn't get much more American than that.

• 4 weeks later...
american made vs non american made doesn't really matter to me since i despise the auto unions but I do like most things texas!

Silverado is your best bet. Solid trucks and they hold their value even with a bunch of miles on them

I can only speak for the tundra, my both of my parents have been in the car business for a long time so I feel like I have a solid base regarding other vehicles.

Pros:

Tows like a mofo. Not even close to anything I've towed with before (Chevy unsure of model, ford f150, Tacoma).

Has an excellent braking system, very little need for downshifting in most circumstances. Even does well on crowded city streets.

Idk how much you want to spend or what accessories come with each model, but the platinum has a nice touch screen and gps/radio system in it.

Interior space.

Steerability is also fantastic.

Backseat room is also big, great for my lab too.

Cons:

Size. It is a big truck inside. I also listed it as a plus because it's personal preference. To me, the tundra is huge inside, I prefer the Tacoma in that respect and I'm about 6' tall.

I still think the Tacoma is one of the best trucks made, but you seem set on a bigger truck so that's all I got :)

both great trucks, if you get a chevy heard the 2500-3500 series have better and stronger tranny for hauling. i drove a 2001 chevy express van for work 3500 series and for 5 years/200000 and some change miles, only problems i came up with was starter (once) and battery. thats with carrying heavy loads on daily basis with close to a pallet of paper a day (40-50lbs a carton, 40 cartons a pallet) plus other office supplies. now the only downfall is the interior, didnt hold too good after an amount of time.

thats coming from an asian perspective. :lol::lol::lol:

I own a 2008 Tundra and I love it however if gas mileage is a big concern you might want to look at the Chevy because the gas mileage is not very good on my Tundra but I did get the 5.7 liter 4x4 double cab and the gas mileage was on the Sticker so I cant complain. I will say there is no lack of power from that 5.7 liter and I cant even tell the boat is behind me.

Sorry guys. I wouldn't own a Toyota truck. I have a Silverado now and love it. I'm 6'4", 250lbs, and the truck is very comfortable. I also put a leveling kit, intake, exhaust, and a chip in it and rips like no other! My last truck was a Ford (F150 FX4), and it sucked, especially in comparison to the Chevy.

I have a 2007 tundra and absolutely love the room and the power it has there have been several times I forgot the boat was behind me. The 2 things I'm not a fan of is it's love for gas but the only time I drive it is when I go fishing. The other is parking most of the time I just park way out so it's not a problem.