New to swimbaits

WVOEKS54

You'll get a bunch of answer as everyone has their own preference. I like the Uni knot, it's really quick and easy to tie, and is very strong. Try a few and see which one works best for you. Welcome to the game, get ready for extreme highs and lows!

I use the improved palomer.....and yes def retie often.....I would recommend stripping double your rod length at least a couple times a trip ( I try and do it once every couple hours at least). That section takes alot of stress during the cast and it's a lot cheaper than replacing a new bait lol

I am also new to swimbaits and it's funny you ask about knots. A poorly tied palomar knot cost me my 1st Osprey swimbait and a big bass. The line broke right at the knot, I pulled the tag end to cinch it. Bad move, I should have pulled the tag and the main line at the same time.

The second swimbait I lost was on a snag. I have pulled crankbaits pass this spot 25 times before and never got snagged. But my new swimbait sure did. I tugged my ass off trying to get that bait back and the knot held perfectly. When I broke it off the line failed not the knot.

A well tied palomar knot is the best to use with mono.