making injected punkers silent

smalliebigs

I've got a few 6" injected punkers that have the rattles. I'd like to quiet at least one of them up, IMO simply too noisy for the clear waters I usually fish. They aren't clear, so I can't see the bait structure and rattle location. Does anybody know where to drill and add glue to quiet them up?

I've got a few 6" injected punkers that have the rattles. I'd like to quiet at least one of them up, IMO simply too noisy for the clear waters I usually fish. They aren't clear, so I can't see the bait structure and rattle location. Does anybody know where to drill and add glue to quiet them up?

Gilbert on "that other site" has one for sale that I saw. I believe he did the mod himself.

Perhaps you could contact him.

That is an Opinion, not a fact. They both have their place. As far as the mod, Im interested as well.

Good Luck.

Yes your right. I should clarify, the injected punker doesnt glide, it half walks like a spook thats too round to move. I guess it has its place when your fishing for "keepers"

Find the chamber that has the rattles. make a hole big enough to fit the super glue nozzel in and then take your glue and keep the bait as still as possible and glue the balls down.

Yes your right. I should clarify, the injected punker doesnt glide, it half walks like a spook thats too round to move. I guess it has its place when your fishing for "keepers"

I have never had a problem making my injected (6 and 8 inch) Punkers glide. I just add a little more slack in my line when walking them (kinda like when you walk a frog.) I think that is what makes the injected Punkers so versatile, you can glide them or walk them fast like a spook.

As for silencing the injected Punkers you may want to look at the image of the Ghost rainbow color on Tackle Warehouse, you can see the rattle chamber pretty good.

I have never had a problem making my injected (6 and 8 inch) Punkers glide. I just add a little more slack in my line when walking them (kinda like when you walk a frog.) I think that is what makes the injected Punkers so versatile, you can glide them or walk them fast like a spook.

+1 :lol:

And they only catch keepers.... :roll:

As for silencing the injected Punkers you may want to look at the image of the Ghost rainbow color on Tackle Warehouse, you can see the rattle chamber pretty good.

Thanks for the ghost rainbow tip; I was thinking about trying this mod myself :)