When shore fishing...I just love it when passerby's say...

stkbass

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came up with something to try the next time someone comments on my muskrat colored CL8 Possum. I'm going to reel it in, yell and jump around, grab a stick and start hitting the ground around it like I'm trying to kill it. Then I'll pause and say…"oh, wait, that's just my lure…sorry about that folks!" That should buy me some bank space for a while! :D

Fishing on the dock two guys in a boat ask me, "do you even catch anything with those big lures?" , told them no, then they said "yea I don't think anything will eat that". BAM got a 5# bass in front of them.

Proper response: "See; all I'm catching is these pesky 5lb dinks."

Over here on the east coast 99.99% of people have something ignorant or not nice to say When the see me fishing.

But last season I had a couple guys on a nice new decked out bass boat(the worst offenders lol) follow me around a whole cove.. They were laughing and obviously talking about me. every time I looked over they would laugh some more and shake their heads at me. Well after about 30 minutes of that I finally stuck a fish.. Nothin huge about a 3-4lber. Well I released it on the side of the boat so they could get a good look. I Picked up my rod so they could see the 8" glider then I smiled and waved.. I just got 2 blank stares back and they trolled away lol.

Sometimes I get made fun of. Sometimes I get told I have no clue how to catch fish. But the dumbfounded looks and silence was by far the best one so far haha

I took a ($400) guide trip a lake in hawaii to catch some trophy peacock bass and largemouth, and as we launched A boater accross from us seen that splash and replyed "What are you doing!? This aint the amazons! that dont work here) I Laughed at em and kept throwin bombs near him of course.

I was throwing small (6 - 7") bluegill baits, I had a buddy custom make me a wood bluegill that basically looked like a 6" triple trout gill and had a nice orange belly to it and was a slow sink and threw the 7" Tru-Tungsten Tilapia.

The guide I went with told me that only live bait works and topwater props/Rat-L-Traps and suggested I dont throw that big bait, he kept saying, that dont work, Its too big, they dont eat those here... blah blah etc. LOL. On the way to the spot I end up sticking 3 swimbait fish that were all largemouth :lol: He couldnt believe it I had a bass eat it at the boat doing a figure eight. We end up fishing with live minnows and me and my wife caught over 100 peacock bass from 1-3 lbs and It got boring of course :lol: So I said ok lets go for a big one, we went to a spot he knew of large peacock bass and I made one cast and burned it as fast as I could with twitches in between the retrieve and got hammered HARD. It end up being a beast peacock bass that was 3lbs shy of state record and he has a trout net so I didnt trust em so I swung the fish in the boat and he start screaming! I even had two peacock bass trying to eat it at the same time and had one rail it at the boat. Boy was He was in AWE LOL I end up with 12 swimbait fish and the last peacock broke my magical swimbait, bent hinges, split rings gone, hooks straight. The guide then said please get me some of your bluegill swimbaits I never seen anything like that in my life LOL - He turned From a non believer to a begger. ;)

Just this past weekend I was fishing the pond circuit and stuck a couple of fish on the OG hph. After I pulled the fish out, the people said, fish that big live in this pond (talking about a 5.13# fish). I said, I guess so with a smirk, got a picture and let the fish go quickly.

I was float tubing a local lake. I kicked over to a point and there was a group of trout guys bait and waiting fishing on one side of the point. As I started bombing the oposite side of the point, I could here them talking crap......"whats he think he is gonna catch?" Blah, blah, blah.

On the 3rd cast running the hudd slighting uphill parallel to the point "bang" fish on.

trout guy 1: "holly sh*t he's got one"

trout guy 2: "what!!!!!????? No F'N way!!!"

The fish surfaces and shows itself.....

trout guy 2: "Oh sh*t, thats a big fish"

Work her in and lip her.....9.3#

trout guys: :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Atfishing: 8-):lol::lol::lol: