GOOD STARTING ROD

CETSMALLIES

I'm very new to throwing bigger baits. I'm also on a tight budget. I don't have any real swimbait fishing gear and have been throwing smaller home made baits on a 7' MH. What would be a good starting rod for someone just getting into swimbaits. I probably wont be throwing baits over 3oz btw. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

+1 on Okumas.

Got one recently and love it. Really great return policy and a great rod. Not too spendy either!

I have checked out the okumas and must say they are nice looking rods, this is probably a dumb question but what about a musky rod made for throwing swimbaits?

Okuma guide select xh. I throw/threw everything from 1oz swimjigs to 7 oz on it. If you get a mh or h you will be buying a xh shortly afterwards.

+infinity on the okuma. i (depending what i have tied on my other rods) toss my 6.5in s-waver all the way up to my 9 inch 6oz soft tool with ease on that rod. obviously it won't handle a mother, hinkle, or deps, but its a terrific rod for a beginner like myself. no regrets.

Okuma guide select xh. I throw/threw everything from 1oz swimjigs to 7 oz on it. If you get a mh or h you will be buying a xh shortly afterwards.

+infinity on the okuma. i (depending what i have tied on my other rods) toss my 6.5in s-waver all the way up to my 9 inch 6oz soft tool with ease on that rod. obviously it won't handle a mother, hinkle, or deps, but its a terrific rod for a beginner like myself. no regrets.

i throw the deps just fine on em...i just don't overhand cast anything