Anyone have any experience with Real Prey Bluegill

Looked around and seen this bait mentioned a few times but no real details on it. I just bought a couple and if they're anything like Joe's other baits it should be a good one.

Side note: Is there much difference between the pond shiner and the G2 shiner as I grabbed a couple of these as well.

Looking for other alternatives to the hudd as a lot of the waters I fish are snook infested and they tend to destroy them......mend it/huddle bond...only works so many times but when the tail gets whacked off I'm kind of sol.

Thanks SU!

I only have experience with the bottom hook slow sink, and I didn't care for it. The two that I had didn't swim well at low speeds, and when you tried to speed it up it would come to the surface and blow out. I think this would be solved with the top hook medium sink though. Maybe some other people can chime in, but i would rather throw an ale wife or pond shiner in bluegill.

hey man, I actually had read your post about that from last year. I did order a fast sink top hook for that reason. Does the bluegill stand up when sitting on the bottom or does it fall over on its side? It does seem that Joe's baits can withstand a lot of fish. Thanks for the insights!

I have slow sink and I like it a lot. It swims nice on both the slow and fast retrieve. The tail thumps harder with a fast retrieve but still pushes water on the slow retrieve.

wait... since when do you fish, boomah?

Well in michigan season officially opens on may 15th. I get out 2-4 times a week during season. Would you like to see my bass fishing frequency punch card? :roll:

I take advantage of what little time I do have to get out....realize that isnt as much as everyone else on here and sounds like you.

I picked up a bunch of Joes swimbaits during the winter, but, havent fished them yet. I usually just get out on Sundays, and, have been just starting to throw all my new swimbaits. I will mention this, it seems they are a much tougher material then Matts bluegills. Will check out the action this weekend.