Curado 300 vs. Lexa 300

basstastic27

I've used both. Lexas fit my hand much better than Curados (not sure why, they're shaped similarly) and to me, feel smoother. Curados feel like they are more sturdy, but I'm not sure why.

I'd take a Lexa over a Curado, especially if it was supertuned with a bigger/longer handle.

I have both and I like them both. They each have their place in my arsenal. Draw back with Curado is they don't make a 5:1 gear ratio. But comparing both on a 6:1 gear ratio, I'd prefer the Curado. Somehow, it just feels like it was better built with a little more quality craftsmanship. But my lexa can cast further than my curado. Either reel is great.

Both are quailty reels.

With that being said the Lexa offers 3 gear ratios which the Curado does not. Lexa can be purchased for ~ $150 brand new shipped on eBay, killer deal for what it offers.

Most will say lexa, all my close friends and I have had lexas and either had problems, or just didn't like them . Personally I broke 4 but that was when they first came out problems ranged from antireverse to line guides and the engagement clutch or whatever it's called. I say Curado all day long I've had mine for 3-4 years and only had it serviced 3 times and absolutely no problems btw I fish saltwater with it too

dude, you WILL NOT beat a lexa for the money, i promise. The reel is an absolute workhorse, and the best reel I've bought for the money. credit to shimano, the curado is still a hell of a reel, but just can't seem to work its way back into my heart.