Hardgill action

WABASSER

Yesterday was awesome. This year is the first year I've really been committed to swimbaits and it's slowly starting to pay off :D

I've learned a lot on here and various other places and yesterday it seemed like everything started To come together.

I got a hardgill from a member on here just recently. Today was my first day throwing it.

I could not stop playing around with it just watching the swim ha. The bait is sweet.

I was throwing it on a Okuma Guide Select and a Lexa 300.

I actually got hardgill with this lake in mind. Tons of bluegill everywhere, and in the northwest that's not always the case.

Fish are still prespawn here with a few starting to spawn. I saw this girl chasing some blue gill and she locked onto my hard gill and hit it on the pause. Here are some pics, a full cast to catch is on YouTube and can be found in SU TV.

The fish is not huge but it was a lot of fun.

post-4300-14252997304413_thumb.jpg

post-4300-14252997305068_thumb.jpg

post-4300-14252997305625_thumb.jpg

Love the action on this lure also. I've got a floater, but, I'm going to add a bit of lead wrap to the trebles to get it down a bit. Wayne M and I have been out, and the spawners hate the sinker by their nest. Does anybody know if adding lead wrap to the trebles will affect the action ? :?

Love the action on this lure also. I've got a floater, but, I'm going to add a bit of lead wrap to the trebles to get it down a bit. Wayne M and I have been out, and the spawners hate the sinker by their nest. Does anybody know if adding lead wrap to the trebles will affect the action ? :?

I would try maybe just putting it on the front treble but I'm not sure

Just have to try it out!

Gen II SS Hardgill with the front treble wrapped in solder to increase the front end weight bias was money for me up until I lost my gill....seems like it gets the front of the bait to wander less and keeps the tail action fluid. Also seems to keep the bait from rolling when you snap a direction change. Wish I had more gills. As I said, they are fish catchers.

Nice one dude! I need to go for a swim soon now that the waters warming up and get my hardgill back, its been a long month without it :roll:

Dude that sucks! I'm on the same boat though I have one I need to find. Good luck finding it and good luck finshin! :D