Glide bait followers

NickEMV

I want to hear your guys input on getting following bass to commit to glide baits.

I've had 50 follows with my RM negotiator (2-6lbs, that I could see) in 2 months from the bank, but can never get them to fully commit. I've worked my negotiator fairly eratic, and it seems like I run out of room to work the bait 75% of the time.

Any advise or stories about getting them to actually commit would be appreciated.

I want to hear your guys input on getting following bass to commit to glide baits.

I've had 50 follows with my RM negotiator (2-6lbs, that I could see) in 2 months from the bank, but can never get them to fully commit. I've worked my negotiator fairly eratic, and it seems like I run out of room to work the bait 75% of the time.

Any advise or stories about getting them to actually commit would be appreciated.

Almost all of my glidebait fish (mostly on the negotiator and gan craft) have struck when fishing it super slow like a Hudd, or after a sudden twitch and long pause...messing with your cadence a little more should make all the difference

Almost all of my glidebait fish (mostly on the negotiator and gan craft) have struck when fishing it super slow like a Hudd, or after a sudden twitch and long pause...messing with your cadence a little more should make all the difference

skaugger knows lol

Well it sounds like your fish won't hit a bait in open water, you are gonna have to pin your bait someway or another, with a glide, it's subsurface or up against some type of structure or even the bank. When my fish did this, I casted diagonal outwards and worked it towards the bank, doing this, my bait reached near the bank with still 7-12 feet left and that gave the fish the opportunity to "pin" the bait against the bank and crush it, remember, the closer to the bank the better. Anytime I see a fish shallow, I aim towards the bank and pin it and everytime the fish won't hesitate to eat it, that's just my $0.02, it could be different for your fish though.

If I'm getting follows in a certain area I'll just note it and come back later (15mins-1hour). Usually works if not there will be another fish holding to the structure/cover that will be willing to commit.

If I'm getting follows in a certain area I'll just note it and come back later (15mins-1hour). Usually works if not there will be another fish holding to the structure/cover that will be willing to commit.

I do this a lot. There are certain areas that I know fish are holding and while I'm reeling in I just assume I have a follower. Before the bait gets close enough for you to see it (and the bass to see you) I will change up my retrieve, usually with a pause and/or a few fast cranks of the reel. I have some video of this I'll try to post something.

If you can find schools of bass usually its easier to get them to commit even if they aren't interested in eating because the whole instinct and competitive nature of the fish kicks in. They will attack the bait just to keep it away from another bass.

we had the same thing happening yesterday while fishing a very clear pond here in the northeast.

trick was switching the color of the bait, same bait just diferent color was all it took to get the fish to commit

also another trick thats worked for me is to throw something slightly smaller and that will usually do the trick too.

Depends on what the followers are doing. Aggressive follows I'll speed the bait up for 3-10 feet and then kill it. Tentative followers I'll give a twitch to get a 180, and then another to move the bait back towards the fish a little. Check reaction and then burn or twitch. Works every time sometimes.

I've caught a ton of followers right at the boat/shore just by killing it and letting it fall. They will usually come nip at it and you can get a lot of them. I have a bunch on video of doing this if I can figure out how to edit it..haha!