R2S Waver Mod

chefchris

i know some people have probably done it already but figured id share it.

on the river 2 sea waver you can sand down the joint on the front half of the bait to give you a wider glide or more swimming action. sanding them adds a few degrees more of angle to the joint.

i used 220 grit and just went slow and made sure both sides where even at the end.

I did a 168 and 200 and fished em side by side yesterday and the sanded down ones had a noticable amount more of action, you can almost get them to turn around like a triple trout if you get the action right.

i just painted the edges with some nail polish to help hide the plastic on the sides, not sure if thats even needed

both caught fish, so tough to say if it made a difference in one outting, but looking forward to fishing them more thru the season.

a file works just as well

Or for even faster results I use a dremmel with small sanding bit attachment. :) I count the number of seconds on both sides to help make sure they are even.

29zzcly.jpg

I lay it flat on its side, mark a line and use a fine tooth hacksaw. Mark both sides equally and there's no worry about it coming out uneven.

I do the same with the marking. I use a sharpie and the width of the sharpie should be enough to give it more action, but make sure it is the same on both side. It does give it more action.