Getting Frustrated and Discouraged.....

Big Poppa

I would pick up an huddleston 68 rof 12 and spend all day dragging bottom bouncing rocks... Even though your lakes may not have trout trout pattern gets bit!! I have caught a lot of fish this year on trout pattern baits in lakes that have no trout... Good luck!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advice you're getting to fish and get to know just 2-3 swimbaits is the best advice IMO. I started with 3 baits to cover the water column; a Punker, S-Waver and 68 Hudds!! Now as I add new swimbaits I'm able to catch fish on them like the 9" Slammer 1st outing I was able to get 7 fish including a 5 lb LM. You still will get skunked and have lean stretches, but if you know your lake and how to fish it you can keep the lean times to minimal :!:

We all struggled in the beginning unless you're the Donfather, I think he was born catching DD's :!::lol: :lol:

Went out for two hours and threw the punker around a bit without a bite. I switched to the g2 and caught this little canibal. Felt good to see the bait getting bit. :lol:

post-3423-14252998795493_thumb.jpg

i think he wanted to be friends with the g2. haha . Glad to see some fish. throw that g2 under those tree line in the background

Haha thanks man. That little guy came out from underneath those trees. Gonna head out tomorrow morning to try to get something a little bigger.

Grinded for a couple hours today and finally caught my first swimbait bass. I got bit on the g2 while I was fixing my reel. Ive never been so happy to catch a dink in my life. Thanks support and recommened to retry the g2. I see a lot of fish in its future.

post-3423-14252998945169_thumb.png

Keep your head up and think positive. I had a terrible start to the year. Then, 2 weeks ago, everything lined up. In one day, I got one on a 6 inch perch hudd, another on an 8 inch hudd rainbow, and one on a 7 inch o.b. Minnow all in 2 hours. All small, but that gave me my confidence to chuck and wind til my arms fall off. Nice to see you finally get one.

Keep your head up and think positive. I had a terrible start to the year. Then, 2 weeks ago, everything lined up. In one day, I got one on a 6 inch perch hudd, another on an 8 inch hudd rainbow, and one on a 7 inch o.b. Minnow all in 2 hours. All small, but that gave me my confidence to chuck and wind til my arms fall off. Nice to see you finally get one.

Thanks man. Sounds like you went on a little tear there. Thats awesome.

Small rising son, slow down.

Small rising son bottom hook in cht shad or white based on your water color and parallel those trees and any weed lines or clumps like you would with a spinnerbait. Hands down the easiest bait to get used to swimbaits with and it gets bit when the fish are shallow.