first swimbait purchase

Timotheus

Well I finally got tired of looking all the donkeys people catch on swimbaits so I placed and order at TW. I bought a 8" TT and Hudd 68 ROF 12. I'm from Fort Worth Texas and I mostly throw pitch soft plastics around docks and standing timber. I'm decent at finding fish but I'd love to hear where you guys prefer to throw those two baits? Obviously you gotta throw where the fish are but what depth and structure, or lack there of, do y'all look for?

Nice the hudd is a great bait to start with. I'm in the fort Worth area also. If you know where aledo is.

Sure do. Im painting a house in weatherfordas we speak haha. Ive been fishing, squaw creek, Granbury and joe pool here lately. Been pulling plenty of 2 and 3 pounders but i really want my first DD.

My first swimbait fish was on a Hudd 68, it's a good bait, good luck. I like to fish mine slow roll on the bottom, bump off rocks and structure. You can feel the tail thump when doing a medium retrieve, which in my opinion adds a little confidence, cause you know your bait is doing work.