Summer Protection

Bassman88

As we approach summer, I'm in the market of purchasing the Simms sleeve/gloves, any members recommendation? Also what do guys do to protect yourself from the sun, aside from not fishing during the day?

As we approach summer, I'm in the market of purchasing the Simms sleeve/gloves, any members recommendation? Also what do guys do to protect yourself from the sun, aside from not fishing during the day?

Simms sun sleeves and gloves work well for me as well. I second what Dave said!

REI makes a great sun hat with 360 head protection with a built in neck flap that can be dropped down at any time. I have had mine for years and has lasted for multiple canyon trips. Great purchase.

I work with columbia on there fishing ish and I can tell you right now if you're looking for a pair of gloves, check out the coolhead fingerless gloves. work great in arizona heat for me so if that doesn't say something, well then i would consider moving haha. Great sun shirts and buffs too. Simms shipped me a few of their newer ish last week and I don't compare it to the columbia shirts at all, a bit too sweaty for me if you have humidity in your area.

I like the under armor line for button up shirts that have the vents, they are stain resistent and breath well, plus the offer spf 50 protection against the sun. I wear a buff, hat and a long sleave shirt in either a vented button up or vaporteck/breathable long sleave (pelagic, mountain hardware, EMS, Under armor, Columbia).

Color is also important, I typical wear white, baby blue, light yellow or other light colors. I wouldn't typcially wear those colors off the water, most of my gear is black or gray but you bake out there when you dress in darker colors.

I wet my buff with ice water through out the day. Sometimes I will ever take a frozen water bottle and use the buff to hold it against my neck.

B safe out there and make sure you drink plenty of water, I have seen people fall out heat exhaustion and it is nothing to take lightly.