Swimbait only tourney?

Jtelarkin08

I would like to do a one BIG fish format. Updating thru the week would be cool in a specified thread. I don't think anyone wants a call from me at 3:00 am while they are sleeping that I just stuck a fish ;)

I was thinking, the text idea may be a good way to cross check the date/time stamp to help keep things honest if we get some prizes invloved in the future...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only camera i really use is my iphone and it doesnt stamp date and time.. How can you make an iphone stamp on date and time..

I think i have an idea (not mine) to combat the date/time issue. On the calbassin forum for the monthly big fish you have to have a picture of yourself holding the fish in one hand and holding up a peace sign in the other. So why don't we put up a "U" in one hand and the fish in the other?

An easy way would be to have that day's newspaper in the picture with you, or just print an article online if you don't get the paper. One shot of you and the fish, and one with the fish and the paper would be good.

How about we just make a random code for example: P254L and you have to have a notecard with that code in one hand and the fish in the other so that we know that that's when that fish was caught

Bounty Fishing Style

How about we just make a random code for example: P254L and you have to have a notecard with that code in one hand and the fish in the other so that we know that that's when that fish was caught

Bounty Fishing Style

I'm down for this tourney. I like this idea from BASS because newspapers look different in different states and you can't really see the date unless you zoom in really good. Just my .02 cents :)

Bounty Fishing Style

I'm down for this tourney. I like this idea from BASS because newspapers look different in different states and you can't really see the date unless you zoom in really good. Just my .02 cents :)

I think that is a good idea as well but how do I hold the fish in one hand and camera in the other and still have a hand for the card? I assume I am to be in the photo as well and would rather not have to mess with some type of tripod.

Hold the card in your teeth :mrgreen: But seriously that is a good question, maybe someone else has a better idea?

Take two pics of the fish? One on the ground with the card under it so that you can see it, and one with you holding it?

Sounds good to me. I think it should be all week mon-sun and you can fish as much as u want and wherever you want.

The first one will be Jan 17-23 that's the 3rd week of Jan. And we can do it the 3rd week of each month.

The code will be released that Monday morning and all pics must be posted by Sunday night at 10:00 eastern time.

Does that sound good to everyone? Who wants to be the person who releases the code? I guess two people should decide the code together not just one. Let me know what y'all think

If you want I can release a code. I am iced over so you dont have to worry about me being a threat. (well come to think of it even If I could fish I wouldnt be much of a threat haha)

Hey Jason,

I've got a name suggestion for your new winter bait................Ice Breaker! :lol:

Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas spending quality time with your daughter and fiance, very cool!

Terry

:D

The first one will be Jan 17-23 that's the 3rd week of Jan. And we can do it the 3rd week of each month.

Um... JT: I think we need to make this first one the 2nd week of January so that we can include the trip to Meridian :D

Plus, I'm gonna be outa commission starting the 20th, for a long time :cry: