Gonna try rigging my 68 this way...

everythingthatswims

So I'm guessing you don't change the hooks out on your triple trouts, slammers, deps... etc? Not even after they bend out right?

That's totally different, comparing trebles, some of which are weaker, with a perfectly acceptable, and sharpen able jig hook

No, I was comparing the fact that he thought he shouldn't need to modify an "expensive" bait by listing several baits 2-3x the price that come with crap hardware. My point was to keep an open mind and not worry about modifying a bait because of its cost

You're all insane. Keep it simple stupid. Jig hook is fine. If anything, bend it out some. I don't care what butch brown does, I don't catch 19# bass. Jig hook works for me, I don't understand why everyone fucks up their hudds. I think Don posted something about the ROF 5 coming out with a jig hook, I can't wait. I'm sick of screwing up baits by jamming hooks in them. And don't give me the oh just get hiddlebond crap, I want a $30 bait to catch fish without having to mod it or glue it back up after every fish.

Insert foot into mouth.

To an extent, I don't care how Butch does it in Cali. I'm not fishing over many DDs in North Carolina, and I like as few points of failure (knots, crimps, more mono/flouro) between myself and the fish as possible. He's not doing that with 68s to the best of my knowledge either; they work fine the way they are. This fits in the "If it ain't broke, don't break it" category for me; your results may vary.