problems with followers

bassaholic97

For those long distance follows. You need to remember where that fish came from, chances are it will return to that spot. Give it some time and checking back on that spot.

For the close follows, do your best to pull the bait bait away from the fish without actualy pulling the bait away from the fish.

Followers will always happen. They #1 thing is don't keep throwing a bait back at them. The fish will eat when ready. If the fish is worth it, I keep hitting the same spot multiple times through out the day. Especially if it is on a specific ambush type of spot. The fish usually stays there and will/may bite at some point in the day. And when it bites it is almost always on the first cast. Rarely the second. And almost never the third.

Otherwise a few quick twitches and a pause can trigger the right fish. That is the most epic thing to see...

Just do what Jesse does, it obviously works, check out his pretty cool video:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18092

Also, Bigworm, i see what your saying, but odly enough ive also thrown a bait into the same area for 4-6 consecutive casts knowing there was a big boy in there and on the last cast get it nailed... my thinking was simply piss it off enough to make it bite! :lol: but yes i also def have more times than not, left a spot alone and came back to it several times throughout the day/night

For those long distance follows. You need to remember where that fish came from, chances are it will return to that spot. Give it some time and checking back on that spot.

For the close follows, do your best to pull the bait bait away from the fish without actualy pulling the bait away from the fish.

+1.

I absolutely suck ass at getting fish to eat right at the boat, 5% of the time they eat and the better portion of that percentage I'm sure I had absolutely no influence on that. That being said I've caught a lot of big fish I've seen by following up better (usually later, as worm noted) than my initial approach.