""I DONT GET IT"

RMANZO

Really? They've always honored their wait list with me and Shaun

I even went to the store they day optimum said they took delivery too so I could grab it and was told straight up they didn't have any only to see their eBay store selling them at a starting bid of $250.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I even went to the store they day optimum said they took delivery too so I could grab it and was told straight up they didn't have any only to see their eBay store selling them at a starting bid of $250.

Do you shop there on a regular basis? Or do you just call to get on their wait list for the Deps? If you only call in to get on the wait list, they may bypass you for a customer that actually shops there. They only got four baits from this last batch. I believe three went to customers and one went on eBay.

Agreed. I stopped shopping at Fishermans Access last year after they decided not to honor their wait list once prices soared and put the baits on eBay. Hopefully that bigger margin they made will cover the future business they lost from me.

That's one of the stores that has this current batch up for bids on ebay now.

I wouldn't call 1 bait a batch. They gave most to the customers. I look at the whole ebay thing from a business stand point. They put customers first but in the end they're in business to make money. Just my thoughts. I do shop their regularly and I was number 2 on the list

The real issue is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. People are willing to pay that price even if it is greatly inflated. In turn places/people know this so they are going to try and squeeze every dime they can out of it. It is the consumer that has mad the price what it currently is. A 250 still costs 7,000 yen and as of today converts to $62.32 small production runs and popularity is what drives the price and people know this.

As for gas prices Obama (who I am no fan of even remotely) does not set the price but using domestic supplies would offset the global price. That price is determined by a small group and is drastically inflated.

The real issue is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. People are willing to pay that price even if it is greatly inflated. In turn places/people know this so they are going to try and squeeze every dime they can out of it. It is the consumer that has mad the price what it currently is. A 250 still costs 7,000 yen and as of today converts to $62.32 small production runs and popularity is what drives the price and people know this.

As for gas prices Obama (who I am no fan of even remotely) does not set the price but using domestic supplies would offset the global price. That price is determined by a small group and is drastically inflated.

Smart guy

We bash you because Youre an abt troll. And because you dont know which forum to post in. I personally am not going to throw a fit about the price of any bait. I'm kind of glad the deps is expensive, it keeps all the chumps from buying them. Can you leave yet?

+1

+10000

People get slammed on here all the time for different reasons..be it someone bought a bait and is flipping it for a rediculous amount, "he gets slammed"..some guy copies another guys "scale" pattern, and "he gets slammed"(to say it lightly)....but when a company puts out a lure that was originally $139 and now they put it back out and its more $$$, no one on here says chit about it...I know, you're gonna say supply and demand, or whatever other reasons im gonna get "slammed" for, but truth is "its bullchit"!! in real life,none of us like it when our own country bends us over on gas prices, or electricity,ect... but a foreign "bait" co.( nothing against anyone, just making a comparison) ups the price on something,just because "we" bought soooo many of their baits....just seems backwards..make a co. that much $$$ an you would think they would "throw" us a bone or something, not "give" us a bone and up the price........what do ya think? ready, set, go :D:D:D

ABT did not copy the Hinkle scale pattern. They molded Hinkles bait. Its a big difference. Don't try and down play it.

Do you shop there on a regular basis? Or do you just call to get on their wait list for the Deps? If you only call in to get on the wait list, they may bypass you for a customer that actually shops there. They only got four baits from this last batch. I believe three went to customers and one went on eBay.

I went there multiple times for tackle especially when I was in college in that area and I was fishing local ponds. But they didn't bypass me for another frequent customer, the baits went on ebay so that argument can be dismissed. Like I said, it is what it is and I choose to no longer shop there.

Smart guy

On occasion I have been know to have a few intelligent moments. I was just being a realist and if your mad at anyone for the prices it should be your fellow swimbaiters unfortunately.

"Multiple times" is not a regular basis

Regardless of how many times he had been there they put his name on a list and then decided not to honor the list. Even if they are just going to give the baits to the regulars why bother with a list? They can give the baits to whoever they want, it's they're baits and if they only want to give them to certain people or make more money off of them that's completely ok IMO, but that's some ish customer service by telling him he's going to get a bait then screwing over the customer for a few extra bucks

"Multiple times" is not a regular basis

Regardless of how many times he had been there they put his name on a list and then decided not to honor the list. Even if they are just going to give the baits to the regulars why bother with a list? They can give the baits to whoever they want, it's they're baits and if they only want to give them to certain people or make more money off of them that's completely ok IMO, but that's some ish customer service by telling him he's going to get a bait then screwing over the customer for a few extra bucks

I am pretty sure he wasn't guaranteed a bait. Placement on a list doesn't mean you will get one. I have been on lists too, only to never get a call. It depends on how many baits the store receives. I see no problem if they want to give long-time loyal customers priority. The first three customers on their list all got a bait.

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving the baits to loyal customers or offering them on whatever market will be the most profitable. I just don't get why they would offer a waiting list and then completely ignore it? Seems like a waste of time if not anything else

I don't think there is anything wrong with giving the baits to loyal customers or offering them on whatever market will be the most profitable. I just don't get why they would offer a waiting list and then completely ignore it? Seems like a waste of time if not anything else

Stores don't "offer" a waiting list. The baits are in such demand that customers call every tackle shop nearby asking for the bait. Many ask to be "put on a list", and so the tackle shops take down their name and number. I think it's just to satisfy the caller for the time being. Not much use for a list if the tackle shop only gets four baits.

This was last year...Not sure what shipment you are talking about that had 4 baits. I knew a list issue might arise and that's why I went to the store after optimum gave me a heads up. The store told me they didn't have any and then put multiple baits up on ebay, not just 1 bait. Life went on and I talked a closer shop into carrying the bait.