Butch Brown Rig Hooks

bbvan5

Has anyone tried taking a quad hook and pinching two of the four bends to pin it against the bait? I just thought of it and was wondering if anyone has tried it? Seems like it might be viable alternative to breaking the skin of the hudd

not necessarily for quad imo unless i dont see the picture ur talking about

I use the vmc round bend or also the barbarian work great. But I use a #2. Its a little more weedless, stealthy and still plenty big enough to do what you want it to.

I was running #1 gamakatsu bronze round bends, but since switched to #2's for similar reasons, snag a little bit less.

Looks bulky and ugly to me. Couple drops of mend it when the hudds get torn up and theyre just like new..

+1......I have a few 8" with over 20 fish on and they're still going strong....a little mend it or 316 glue and your good to go. Also looking at the picture of that quad hook, you'll notice the hook curves in quite a bit.....you will have a difficult time hooking fish. The VMC's are straight and catch easily in the fishes mouth.....my .02

this.

Another way this works for me and it's a heck of alot faster

Holy, shittt..... Seriously, seriously, hope that isn't a hook off a megabass hardbait.

If it is you put the weakest hooks I've ever used, on a hudd..

Barbarian hook never had any problems