Dobyn's 908 worth the money?

t.musky

My posts are a bit contradicting. If you do not plan on throwing anything bigger than a 250, go with the 867, however, if you are like me and start to gravitate toward bigger baits, get the 908 as you will want one eventually and it can throw the 250 well. I hope that helps. Or just get both

How well does the 908 load and throw the mother or hinkle or 13 inch hiroshima. Sorry for spamming the thread :lol:

Did you even read what Jordan said aka this entire thread?

908 will throw the hinkle and hiroshima fine. I think the mother is a little much but it will get it done.

My posts are a bit contradicting. If you do not plan on throwing anything bigger than a 250, go with the 867, however, if you are like me and start to gravitate toward bigger baits, get the 908 as you will want one eventually and it can throw the 250 well. I hope that helps. Or just get both

Exactly. A bit heavy handed for the 250 but it will throw anything over 8 oz well. It handles the 13" Hiroshima, Hinkle, and Mother well. Just need to make sure you use common sense with these baits and lob it out. You can generate a lot of energy with a 9' rod which is great for those 500' breakoff casts.

-Ali