Speed limits

Nicknick222

Just got a new boat and I need to break in the engine. Are there any lakes that have a speed limit faster than 35mph in SoCal?

I know Castaic, pyramid, cachuma, piru, perris and Pudd have 35. DVL has some ridiculous 25 mph limit. But anyhow I would like to run my boat faster than 3000 rpm not only because its fun to go fast 8-) but also because the recommended break in for mercs is 4500 to 5000rpm with some wide open runs. Any recommendations? Other than Havasu or Delta (which I would love but I just don't have the time right now).

Broke mine in on lake Hodges. Only open Wed and weekends February through October. Maby EL Capitain? I'm still waiting for San V to open!! Don't do the salt water....!!

It says max speed on el cap is 35..... break it a few times.. (50) tops and risk the ticket is my advice to get it broken in this winter. Hit top speed at hodges in Feb for full speed in Feb. (warm it up first)..Just my segestion.. Congrats on the boat!

Thanks guys. Im more in LA so Hodges is a bit farther for me. I think I'm going to just go to Castaic on a week day coming up and just drive it around for a while. I have heard of some people getting ticketed there but I don't think they will care as much if I'm one of a handful of boats and there aren't many skiers.

You can go full blast at DVL they don't give a hoot

Not true, ask me how I know.

Broke mine in on lake Hodges. Only open Wed and weekends February through October. Maby EL Capitain? I'm still waiting for San V to open!! Don't do the salt water....!!

It says max speed on el cap is 35..... break it a few times.. (50) tops and risk the ticket is my advice to get it broken in this winter. Hit top speed at hodges in Feb for full speed in Feb. (warm it up first)..Just my segestion.. Congrats on the boat!

Hodges also has a speed limit, and I would NOT suggest going over the recommended. There are many kayaks and float tubes on this lake with many blind corners. It's an accident waiting to happen and I would not recommend pushing it. We know what happened on El Cap earlier this year from someone speeding...

Thanks guys. Im more in LA so Hodges is a bit farther for me. I think I'm going to just go to Castaic on a week day coming up and just drive it around for a while. I have heard of some people getting ticketed there but I don't think they will care as much if I'm one of a handful of boats and there aren't many skiers.

Another option for you is to go up the hill from Castaic to Pyramid. It's full pool and very little traffic. And good fishing.