Color

Joe

I am new to the sw bait game but am ready to commit. I am from Ohio buy fish a lake in Maine. I need help choosing the best color for a 68 and 8" hud. There are lots of yellow perch up there. If I could get something that would work in both states that would be awesome. Please advise.

Thanks

Yellow Perch would work in either area honestly. Here lately I've been fishing a dark trout slammer, we don't have any trout in my neck of the woods but still I've caught fish on it. I try to match the hatch in size and color but sometimes thinking outside the box has worked just as well.

Joe, where in maine are you fishing? I'm in Bangor and been swimbaiting here a few years. For hudds, you can't go wrong with trout colors. I prefer rainbow, not the phantom rainbow. You'll catch fish here and in the south on it. I will warn you, hudd fishing can be hella slow here sometimes. If u wanna chat about other bait options for maine just shoot me a pm

yea where in maine?

perch is a very important baitfish in the north east. almost every lake has perch.

perch is my favorite color. SMALLIES LOVE PERCH!!!!!!! i swear i think smallies and perch have a rivalry. they are sworn enemy's.

cant go wrong with a rainbow hudd and go deep with it. theres a ton of big bass in stocked ponds that gorge themselfs on trout. they sit and wait when the stock trucks arrive

Thanks for the feedback. Cant wait to place my order. Think I will get the night stalker as well. The night time bite is awesome up there. Any thoughts. I fish a few lakes in mid maine. Androscoggin, cobossee and pocasset. Stay in a small town named Wayne. A couple hours north of portland