Hinkle 11" Trout glide bait

mjh1986

Hello everyone, I'm newer to SU. Awesome to see such a great swimbait community. I know these glide baits are hard to get ahold of, just wondering the process of getting one. I emailed Andy a few times, but haven't heard back. I'm sure he is super swamped, just seeing if anyone knows how to get added to the wait list.

Thanks, Matt

I think his main focus is or has been on the Shad and could possibly be for sometime. I would guess that the trouts will become even harder to get anytime in the near future. You will most likely see a waiting list for the Shad sooner than later not so much for the trout. Good luck.

Just a thought on this. I don't know Andrew well but do know he has another job and makes baits. If his emails are anything like mine he may have good reason that he can't answer all of them. Lets say that for every two baits he can make he gets 100 emails asking for baits, questions about baits etc. Not saying that's true because I don't know but it could be.

Yea Andrew has a life and career outside of bait making. That's not his only gig, in fact its more like a hobby for him. When he gets caught up with everything, I'm sure he'll open up the list again. Be patient. There's a reason why these baits are so sought after, they take a lot of time to get perfect so just chill.

I'm another one who would rather see guys like Andrew spend their time making baits rather than answering every email they get. Its not like they have a full time receptionist to direct calls and emails to the full time customer service department!

There's really a very small number of swimbait designers who have made this sport possible. Take away Andrew, Matt, Mike, Mickey, Jeremy, Jerry, Scott, Ken, Toshinori, Kazumasa, and a handful of others and what do you get: we would all still be throwing spinnerbaits and Senkos and having a lot less fun. My 2 cents.

He still hasn't responded to my emails from last winter. I don't blame the guy, I just went to other options and ended up paying premiums on mine. Still worth every penny even at the premium price IMO. Email is not going to get you anywhere at this time.

If you were not on the list (sent an email) by the cut off day your on the list like Randall said if he responded to the e-mails he would never be able to make any baits. When ever he gets a batch about done he e-mails the people who where the next to email him and lets them know a bait will be ready for them soon and go from there. He is one man show and spends many late nights up in the shop. If you need fins or have problems with a bait i know he will respond to you and help out in any way possible.

• 6 years later...

I have a New, unpainted HINKLE 11" Glide Bait (trout) in the box with hooks, that I am posting on Ebay.  No, it is not being sold because my husband is in the dog-house.  This was in my pile of his fishing stuff to be sold, but we moved and it got misplaced.   If you want take a look.  It will be under that exact title .   

Thanks,

Crystal 

1 hour ago, Fishingstuff said:

I have a New, unpainted HINKLE 11" Glide Bait (trout) in the box with hooks, that I am posting on Ebay.  No, it is not being sold because my husband is in the dog-house.  This was in my pile of his fishing stuff to be sold, but we moved and it got misplaced.   If you want take a look.  It will be under that exact title .   

Thanks,

Crystal 

Hmmmm :???: