I will take it

bassbass

Hey, not all of us are bad, just most :lol::lol::D

Anyone who catches fish like you is a man. No more kid label for you. You're one of the big boys!

As to the original post...

It should go without saying that if you say you will "take it" or you'll "buy it" that you should have the money ready. I realize sometimes things happen and guys have to back out or a guy needs a few hours to get off work or something but you don't say "I'll take it" and then say "can you wait a few days so I can sell another bait?". If you need a few days then just ask if the seller would be willing to wait first, and then confirm the deal. If you say "I'll take it" that means you have the money and you will buy it now and at the listed price. Very simple. Nothing personal. No emotional argument, just simple business. It makes things a lot easier for everyone.

Good thread to bring up. Haven't been buying or selling much lately, but what I started doing about a year or so back is give the first person 12 hours, if there are other circumstances involved, 24 hours at most. If you tell someone you want to buy something, 24 hours is plenty of time. If you want something and it's going to take more than 24 hours to pay, there's this thing called "patience". Swimbaiting should teach you plenty of it.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post, it sounded like you were having issues with individuals wanting to purchase an item then... nothing. I'm aware it's an older post and that's why I commented questioning the need to revisit the topic. I appreciate the situations individuals find themselves in; however, it seems to me as if the whole ordeal is getting so much worse. I posted this here because I recalled reading something similar regarding the situation I was facing and utilized the search button rather than just immediately posting. I was curious to see if there were any definitive decisions made regarding how to handle such douchebaggery on this site pertaining to either ends of the spectrum. I figured those of you who use this site more regularly than myself should have more say in the etiquette involved here. I'm thinking from now on I'll do away with PMs regarding sales; I'm not flipping anything and everything I'm selling is up for equal to or less than I paid... mostly from this site. Why not have the whole thing transparent I guess, that way when someone on here says "I'll take it" maybe we can collectively hold them accountable.  I did not mean for my frustration with my own issues to be an attack in any way to the original situation of you loosing a bait offer while taking care of your family, I guess I misunderstood the original post.

You understood the original post correct. I just added the other issue to it.

I guess it is part of life, we deal with people going back on there word here, at work, dealing with contract work, etc....Not all but some.

I guess you just move on and fish.

I've always been good about following through with my end of the deal in buying and selling. But I've had what ur talking about happen to me several time. I think this is what's going through these guys heads a lot of the time...

Since it's normally first come first serve, some guys will immediately say "I'll take it" on baits they are interested in, just to secure their opportunity to buy they bait. Once that is done then they decide if they actually want the bait enough to buy it. It's an extremely weak character, but that's the world we live in, people don't hold themselves to a decent level of standards anymore.

Its hard for me when i see something i want when i'm in school! Some people will hold, others wont-- totally understandable

and one more question, when you ask for photos you shouldnt be entitled to buying it right? haha ive had that happen a few times.

I feel this needs to be revisited; I'm not the most frequent of posters on here but for shits sake people if you PM you will take it you should be held accountable. I have 5 star, super hero members of this forum replying that they will purchase an item then... (enter the sound of crickets). On the other end of the spectrum I've sent payment to several reputable lazy POS's on here who accept money and then snooze on sending the items purchased. 

Okay, I get it maybe they didn't have time to sign in over the last couple of days... oh, but wait... their last activity is displayed and they have been in and out multiple times. 

My advice... don't be a "not allowed" "Not Allowed"; be accountable for your actions or own up and just say "sorry dude, something came up".

Is it okay to chastise these people and call them out on their bullshit? Or will too many feelings get hurt and will it be considered internet bullying? 

Lots of respect for those who have been open and honest but to all you flakes, you honestly ruin everything great I think this site is about.

I'm with you on several occasions I have been stood up by some of the "og's" of this site doing exactly what they wish othershe wouldnt. Nobody on this post some some supposedly "solid" guys on ehere. Call them out at your own risk. Talk about the wrong dude and you will get about 50 responses about how that dude is so solid.

Its hard for me when i see something i want when i'm in school! Some people will hold, others wont-- totally understandable

and one more question, when you ask for photos you shouldnt be entitled to buying it right? haha ive had that happen a few times.

the effing worst is when some meat-stick asks you to perform a photoshoot of the items they're interested in and then you never hear from them. "hey can you change the lighting for me? maybe put it on a black backdrop? how about putting it in full glide pose for me? work it! work it! yeaaaah"...slight exaggeration but you get the point. 

I have worked hard (5 pages of positive feedback as a buyer/seller) to become a trusted member in the Black Market section but it's self evident that a lot of SU members new and old don't give a poop about what anybody thinks of them as members on SU.I have had a tenured SU member tell me to hold his baits for 6 hours never to hear from him again.Many people try to buy on impulse with less than $20 in their pocket and then change their mind when it's time to pay.Like a game show they're playing with Monopoly money if The Price Is Right!

We have bad buyers who want videos of the bait you're selling as if you were the manufacturer and ask you every tire-kicking question in the book.But you also have horrible sellers who put baits up for sale that they never had any intention of selling at all.Just wanted the PMs for attention I guess and to see what their baits might be worth some day in their fantasy world.

I no longer answer PMs from anyone who's left me hanging or has acted like a flake in previous transactions.That's the real value of the Member Feedback on top of the Black Market section.Now you can pick and choose who you want to trust and do business with.

the effing worst is when some meat-stick asks you to perform a photoshoot of the items they're interested in and then you never hear from them. "hey can you change the lighting for me? maybe put it on a black backdrop? how about putting it in full glide pose for me? work it! work it! yeaaaah"...slight exaggeration but you get the point.

Yeah I can see maybe wanting photos of chips or scratches but not photos of the whole bait if it's obviously in good shape for a good deal from a good guy haha

I hope I am not in trouble when my offer is rejected then another buyer backs out and I don't buy cuz I already bought something else.

Not at all man, the only flake in the above scenario is the dude who backed out after so many damn pictures and flat out saying "I'll take it".  and nobody is in trouble haha just frustrated with the multiple people who flaked. I could have sold the bait to someone who actually wanted it and was willing to pay but instead I was too busy waiting for some dude who ends up bailing.