Huddleston 68 VS 8"

Emann

I don't really feel like there's that big difference in the two. My PB was on a 68, but the 8'' is still my favorite and I'll tie it on 95 out of 100 times, why? Absolutely no idea.

Had better success fishing for smallies with the 68 vs. the 8'', what that means? Nothing.

68 has great swagger in the water, lots of secondary action, I've done best throwing it over points and pulling fish toward the bait.

I don't feel like the 68 is better in dirty water, but I do feel like it could be worse in clear water (its worked for me thus far though). I also think its a good bait for guys who have confidence issues with the 8'', the 68 is a killer bait, way better than I would have ever expected initially, thing flat gets bit over and over and over, probably more than the 8'' in terms of quantity, not that it wont get quality, because it will & does.

I don't really feel like there's that big difference in the two. My PB was on a 68, but the 8'' is still my favorite and I'll tie it on 95 out of 100 times, why? Absolutely no idea.

Had better success fishing for smallies with the 68 vs. the 8'', what that means? Nothing.

68 has great swagger in the water, lots of secondary action, I've done best throwing it over points and pulling fish toward the bait.

I don't feel like the 68 is better in dirty water, but I do feel like it could be worse in clear water (its worked for me thus far though). I also think its a good bait for guys who have confidence issues with the 8'', the 68 is a killer bait, way better than I would have ever expected initially, thing flat gets bit over and over and over, probably more than the 8'' in terms of quantity, not that it wont get quality, because it will & does.

Thanks for your tips. One of my goals in 2015 is to get a fish on a Huddleston.

Caught so many fish on both the 68 and 8". I drag the 68 along the bottom slower than the 8". Only because I seem to get snagged on everything possible with the exposed hook. Thus, I have more confidence with the 68 because I'm not worried about snagging.

You may be getting hung up on the 8" because you're using the wrong ROF. If you're worried about snagging and ruining the spot, throw a weedless. I fish HUDs more like a jig than anything else, the slower you fish it the better. The weedless work very well and are my favorite. You just have to use the right equipment to drive the hook in. The up side is if you're getting hung up you are in the right spot. I'm using both an LDC XXH AND A 908 for them. But the 68 I use a XH. 99% of the time I throw the 8"

There are two soft baits I don't leave the house without having and the 68 is one of them,if you fish for smallmouth the 68 is a killer I have caught fish on the 8" but I prefer the 68

Im am a hudd head I like all off them 68 8 inch Rof 0 5 12 16 they all have there place and time.

Your name would indicate so :lol: personally I throw hudds about one third of each day on the water. And when one color or rof hudd isn't working, I always know another rof or color will work.

• 2 weeks later...