My first time throwing swimbaits in the midwest.

RyanPerrey

With the birth of my daughter this year, my wife and I moved closer to our family from Seattle to the midwest this spring. I got a job immediately working 60+ hours. Between the baby and work, I didn't get much time to fish this year. It was a cool experience to try swimbaits in a completely different part of the country and all new waters. The fish were so aggressive in comparison to what I'm used to but I couldn't find the big mommas. Anyway, enjoy.

Also thank you Beaumb! She's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Hopefully one day she'll enjoy fishing with the ol' man.

Yes they are, I have a boy and a girl with my third on the way. Taking them out fishing is the best and they love it, but I'm gonna need a bigger boat. :lol:

Also thank you Beaumb! She's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Hopefully one day she'll enjoy fishing with the ol' man.

Yes they are, I have a boy and a girl with my third on the way. Taking them out fishing is the best and they love it, but I'm gonna need a bigger boat. :lol:

Enjoy them while they are young they grow up too fast! I wish for those days now. It's the greatest job in the world "Being a Father".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys. We moved to Virginia so it should be an exciting year as there are more quality out fish this way than anywhere I've lived in the last 7 years. I still gotta find em though.

There are plenty of biggins here in Va. Check out the Virginia bass league on fb. They will definitely help finding some new spots.

• 3 weeks later...

Great video! I am from Newburgh and I am really getting into throwing big baits after years of tournament fishing. Pretty sure I know where you were on a few of those fish! Too bad we didn't cross paths while you were here! Hit me up if you get back through here and want to go out and hit a few spots.