LDC XH

MIbassing

Hey guys,

Finally received my LDC XH after purchasing it in november and just was wondering what baits you guys throw on it. Can it handle baits like the gan craft 230 and S waver 200 even though they are below the rods rating? What about baits like the cl8 baby possum and 8 Inch punker?

Thanks

I was just wondering what people throw on it my lakes are frozen solid right now

Shouldn't you have looked in to this matter before ordering the rod? Seems to be the logical thing to do. It will handle the baits you mention just fine.

Oh, and feel lucky that you ordered in November and already got your rod

I've never personally used an LDC rod, however for the Gan Craft 230's (glide baits in general), I generally use a Medium Heavy rod rated up to 3oz. I get a lot more fluid glide on the medium heavy rod. Ive thrown them on a guide select heavy and it definitely hindered the action some. I know Colby addressed this issue in a video and I agree with it completely. Just my .02

So u buy a custom rod and u don't even know what to throw on it.

Did you only byt this rod because everyone told u to??

I bought this rod because after hours of research, people highly recommended it. I exchanged many emails with Ben. And after dropping 1300 bucks on swim bait gear i have a pretty good idea of what baits work for it. Im 16 years old i was simply wondering what baits people like to throw on it thats all.

I've never personally used an LDC rod, however for the Gan Craft 230's (glide baits in general), I generally use a Medium Heavy rod rated up to 3oz. I get a lot more fluid glide on the medium heavy rod. Ive thrown them on a guide select heavy and it definitely hindered the action some. I know Colby addressed this issue in a video and I agree with it completely. Just my .02

Thank you for the info

The Production I have is a stout rod. I use it for the cl8 baby possum paired with a toro winch 60. I also use it for dragging hudds and big slammers. I just got a XH Custom and it seems a bit softer and only used it once before the lakes locked up. The only bait I got to toss on it was the new deps 175 ss.