hardbait vs softbaits

R8R

I choose both, you have to give the fish what they want. And year around if you're limiting your selection you're killing the percentage of landing a PB. A lot of time going against the grain. You'll show the fish something different.

I like hard baits because I know that they will be use able for as long as I own them, whereas a soft bait will be trashed after a certain # of fish. Also, I feel like hard baits will hook fish that bite out of curiosity or don't fully commit, but with many soft baits they have to choke the whole thing to get hooked. I will be spending a lot of time throwing a hudd this spring though.

As with all fishing, it just comes down to confidence.

I choose both, you have to give the fish what they want. And year around if you're limiting your selection you're killing the percentage of landing a PB. A lot of time going against the grain. You'll show the fish something different.

I agree with this. I've definitely caught more fish and probably have more confidence with a soft bait but I don't have a problem throwing a hard bait if I know the situation calls for it.

And as far as size of fish that each type of bait catches, I think they'll both catch giants. A good friend of mine is one of the best with a Hudd that I know and he would probably say that a Hudd will give you you're best chance at a dd. But, his personal best was on a hard bait, 10" triple trout I think. And it's a giant....

16#post-979-14253012023344_thumb.jpg

A lot of good info and suggestion shared. Will take all info and work on my weaknesses on both styles of baits. I know soft baits catch giant fish,last year I concentrated on three hard baits and found two out of the three baits produced pretty well. Will definitely incorporate more soft baits this year.

both have a time and place, I like soft baits when the fish are more lazy, and during pre fronts or when the conditions call for the fish to roam and be more aggressive ill throw more hard baits... Let the fish tell you what they want, their both must have tools.