Please Release Me & Catch and Release Livewell Treatments

SPEEDBEAD

Posted this in another thread and figured that guys looking for reviews of livewell treatments may find it useful.

FYI for the guys using livewell treatments. Look at the reviews for both Rejuvenade and Sure Life Labs Please Release Me. You will see guys describe the fish swimming in Rejuvenade as "active, lively." This is NOT A GOOD THING. Active, lively bass in a livewell are stressed fish. As we are all well aware, stressed fish typically leads to dead fish.

Please Release Me has calming agents, coagulants, antifungal and antiviral components to it. It is good for the fish. It keeps them calm which keeps them healthy.

A word of caution though, you can use too much. Back when I fished tournaments, we had a few in the well and I apparently went a little overboard with the product. We pulled into weigh-in, flipped open the lid and.....FLOATERS. My heart sank because I hate killing fish. We pulled them out, put them on the scales and proceeded to give them to a gentleman that showed up to every tournament to collect dead fish to eat. We flushed some fresh water into the bag and the fish perked back up. Just to see, we walked down to the lake and put the fish in the water. Sure enough, they came back. I came to find out later that too much of the product will put the fish into a comatose state LOL. Follow the directions and your fish will be just fine.

Sure Life also makes a product called Catch and Release. We keep it on the boat to put directly onto the source in a bleeding fish. It will cause the fish to stop bleeding almost instantly. Obviously, the quicker you can get a fish to stop losing blood the better.

This has been your PSA on fish care for the day.

Please Release Me is the more advanced product, hence the difference in price.

Also forgot to mention, each of the two products has dechlorinators in them so if you are adding ice made of tap water (chlorinated), it will remove that from the water and make a better livewell environment for your fish.

Sure Life Labs is the manufacturer. They have all kinds of products that work for a bunch of applications.