Best GoPro Accessories

Zoots21

Batteries, chesty mount, tripod and 2 64gb cards is what I'm running with on my Hero3+. Don't really need a whole lot (mainly batteries if your planning on keeping it on for you whole trip).[/quote

+1 on the batteries. They go down pretty fast. But get some batteries, a head mount so its always looking where you are. And the clamp mount is handy some time. Al depends on what u wanna see when fishing I guess

Any recommendations on a telescoping extension pole? I'm looking for something in the 12 foot range when extended and around 2-3 feet collapsed.

12' you're better off using an extendable painters type pole from Home Depot or something. The longer the pole and the more joints, you're going to have more wobble in it and the footage is damn near unuseable without a lot of crop and stabilizing. Mostly applies if you're sticking the camera up high in the air. Think about it, whatever little bit the boat moves beneath your feet is greatly exaggerated 12' in the air. It is a cool idea and makes for some pretty bad ass footage, but from what I've learned you're better off with sturdy painters pole with zero slop in the joint, or look for mic/PA/lighting stands that are tripods with a long reach. And use either the handle bar or roll bar mount depending on the diameter of the pole.

There are a lot of GoPro specific forums where you can find all kinds of ideas

I'd like to piggy back on this, I have the suction mount which seems to work real well on plastic/wood surfaces that ive tried, but do people trust these on their boats? :?

I have more bravery than brains sometimes and I have used the suction cup mount on my outboard going 60mph and have had no issues(yet :lol::lol::lol: )

I'd like to piggy back on this, I have the suction mount which seems to work real well on plastic/wood surfaces that ive tried, but do people trust these on their boats? :?

I have more bravery than brains sometimes and I have used the suction cup mount on my outboard going 60mph and have had no issues(yet :lol::lol::lol: )

Suction cup mount is supposed to hold up to 150 MPH on boats or cars.

I mount mine to the windshield all the time. Probably 90% of my videos are shot this way. I've also put it on the side of the boat were the fiberglass is wide enough and had some cool shots next to the boat with bass jumping/boat flipping fish. I also have an adhesive mount on my boat motor and the top of my trolling motor.

Anyone use the jaws flex clamp? Looks like a good accessory to have for in the boat. Especially if you don't have many flat surfaces.

I mount mine to the windshield all the time. Probably 90% of my videos are shot this way. I've also put it on the side of the boat were the fiberglass is wide enough and had some cool shots next to the boat with bass jumping/boat flipping fish. I also have an adhesive mount on my boat motor and the top of my trolling motor.

Anyone use the jaws flex clamp? Looks like a good accessory to have for in the boat. Especially if you don't have many flat surfaces.

I use the Dimkum system jaw flex that you can get from a camera store. Really strong jaw and plenty flexible.

Any recommendations on a telescoping extension pole? I'm looking for something in the 12 foot range when extended and around 2-3 feet collapsed.

12' you're better off using an extendable painters type pole from Home Depot or something. The longer the pole and the more joints, you're going to have more wobble in it and the footage is damn near unuseable without a lot of crop and stabilizing. Mostly applies if you're sticking the camera up high in the air. Think about it, whatever little bit the boat moves beneath your feet is greatly exaggerated 12' in the air. It is a cool idea and makes for some pretty bad ass footage, but from what I've learned you're better off with sturdy painters pole with zero slop in the joint, or look for mic/PA/lighting stands that are tripods with a long reach. And use either the handle bar or roll bar mount depending on the diameter of the pole.

There are a lot of GoPro specific forums where you can find all kinds of ideas

Sweet. Thanks Spectrum. I appreciate the info.

• 2 weeks later...